Forums

Help › Forums

Tier letdown

Sun, Sep 13 2020 4:08 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • par4dcourse
    22 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 9:15 AM

Finally made it to Tour Master. Big whoop. All that happened is that the wind doubled and the greens tilted. Strongly considering starting over.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 9:44 AM

The higher in tiers you get the harder the game gets. Thats the way it is suppose to be. If you don't like the challenge , may I suggest the game of checkers or maybe a coloring book and some crayola crayons to fill you spare time. Both are easy to do with very little effort. Cheers.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 11:02 AM

Starting over will get you banned !

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 11:51 AM

par4dcourse:

Finally made it to Tour Master. Big whoop. All that happened is that the wind doubled and the greens tilted. Strongly considering starting over.

Its not that bad . All you have to do is learn to adjust to the game . How to use your clubs better by hitting different shots . The best way to learn as you tier up is through stroke play practice rounds . It wont affect your average and you will learn how to adjust to the new playing conditions .

Start by using the rock just to get the basics down . Then switch to your usual ball once you`re comfortable with what you have learned . Work on how to hit different shots punch pitch flop shots . Also work on your putting and reading the new greens and speeds . You will also have to work on course management since the new winds will also cause you to play the game differently .

If you take the time and practice as you tier up . You will find the changes arent hard to learn and adjust to .

• ktzumba
    1 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 5:14 PM

If the challenges didn't increase, wouldn't the game just become boring?  I just leveled up to Master a few weeks ago and have to adjust because my tees got longer.  Now I try to play approach shots that can't reach the green to be "full club length" away - 50, 70, 110 yds instead of something like 31 yards, etc.  

Also consider playing a lot of head to head where the winds/greens are really random.  There are plenty of courses/matches I play with next to no wind and/or flat greens.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 9:37 PM

par4dcourse:
    Strongly considering starting over.

i don’t know ... is that really worth another 8 years, 4 months and over 1300 Ranked Rounds just to get all the way back to Tour Master with a near 72 AVG?? 😖😂😝

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 9:23 PM

WOW 8 years + to make Tour Master?? And your complaining the game became "harder" now.....It seems the game has been hard for you quite a long time my friend...I would consider the checkers suggestion...

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 10:40 AM

Golf is a skill based SOCIAL game..  When I have arrived at the first tee alone, unless it was an unusual time, I was put into a group. Almost always, when that group finished, a bit of time was spent in the clubhouse conversing about the day. Other days I went off with friends and we enjoyed the round and the time after together.

WGT is exactly the same, social. Having WGT friends and belonging to a country club makes the game so much more fun. Par4dcours, get some WGT friends and then play multi-player games. Eight years and not one alternate shot game would really get me down. I have no idea how you made it this far.

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 7:14 PM

Be sure to let all those friends you've made in almost 8years,what you're new wgt handle is when you start over.😉

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 8:22 PM

bossbird:

Starting over will get you banned !

Let him!!  He sucks anyway and will never make it past TM, and therefore, never on MY radar.

• PAGES
RSS