Forums

Help › Forums

Iron Stats

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 8 2020 2:19 PM (4 replies)
  • AndreHackenKerse
    6 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 8:45 PM

I have an anomaly I need help with.  I'm using Callaway Mavrik Pro Iron (L30+).  In the game, if I open my profile, the specs say 205 - 110, Meter Speed = 3.5, Spin = 3, Precision = 2.5, forgiveness = 3.5.

If I get in a game and choose my 3 iron, it says I have a range of 215.  With a tail wind of 15 mph and dinging my shot, the best I've been able to get is 205 yards.

The simple solution is to ignore what WGT tells me, much as I've learned to ignore the caddy.  But I'd hate to think that's the case.  Moreover, I swear there was a time when I COULD hit the 3 iron 215 yards.  And I've been using the same ball, Bridgestone L75+.  And when I purchased the clubs I 'thought' I was getting the 215 yard 3 iron; and bragged it up when I played competitive.

Perhaps this is something I need take up with WGT, but wanted to get some direction from end users before I proceeded.  

Tnx in advance for any assistance.

PS  I'm closing in on octogenarian country and rightly question my sanity from time to time, but my sense is I once-upon-a-time had a 215 yard 3 iron and now, apparently, I do not.   And that vexes me some.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 8:28 AM

AndreHackenKerse, the distance change from 205 to 215 for your 3 iron is probably because of the Apparel you are wearing and its iron distance enhancement. Note that this 215 distance does not apply to all rounds so you may be hitting it at times with only 205 distance available (but this would show as 205 not 215 when selecting the club). Also if you are hitting your shots with back spin it will decrease the distance that the ball travels.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 10:03 AM

On the mobile platform there is an anomaly whereby the yardages displayed for all your irons is off. Some have speculated that what you are seeing is your opponent’s club yardage. Check the rated/displayed yardage for the remainder of your clubs and see if that is correct. Additionally once you complete a round in which the 3 iron yardage is displayed at 215, close and reopen the app after your round is completed and see what yardages are displayed then. Also as mentioned above check your apparel attributes and see if you are getting boosted iron yardage as a result of an apparel item. My guess, though, is that your issue is the former.

• AndreHackenKerse
    6 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 10:10 AM

Tnx Marchie.  I'll experiment with apparel and see what ensues.  I'm a little unnerved about the Caddy not being synced with my clubs, but one thing at a time.

• AndreHackenKerse
    6 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 2:19 PM

Interesting, Cicero.  From what I've learned, I agree with your conclusion and DO thank you for contributing.

RSS