Forums

Help › Forums

Upgrade my clubs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 8 2020 9:57 PM (5 replies)
  • Whammo00
    11 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2020 9:46 AM

Morning gents, as you can see I'm a level 93 Tour Master. I'm thinking about upgrading my irons or my wedges. Was just wondering if one of you kind gentlemen who really knows and unserstands this game (I certainly don't), would take a look at my stuff and make some recommendations. Thank you so much.

Wallace

• Whammo00
    11 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 2:50 PM

Comon you guys, I'm an old man (75) and I don't get these internet games very well. I could really use some kind assistance. Thanks

Wallace

• ZirjoGondar
    94 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 9:57 PM

Hey, Wallace.

Buy the L76, L78 & L80 Vokey wedges ASAP.  If you like the skills challenges, you might want to add the L74 Vokey 52° wedge for those games.  I play the Vokey L78 & L80 with the Cally L94 & L95.  But they're all great wedges.  You really can't go wrong with either combination.

Play ads for 150 credits a day, and save up for the L96 driver, L99 3W, L97 Irons, and L98 putter.  Then you're set for life unless you want the boomstick L102 driver.  

I don't think the L85/86 Callaway woods would be worth the cost, considering what you have now.

The L85 irons would definitely be an upgrade.  If you can afford those now/soon, you could pass on the L97s and wait for the L100 irons.  The L85s are good enough to bridge the gap to the L100s.

Putter is tricky.  It probably comes down to which scales you prefer.  If you like 15/30/60, you could get the L70 Phantom or the L80 MAX Control before your final upgrade to the L98 M1.  If you like 10/20/50, you might like the MAX Control (Master+) before upgrading to the L98 M2.

Good luck.

• AlaskanDame
    18,953 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 10:02 PM
    I'm not a kind "gentleman," but I've looked at your equipment and what I'd need to know to help you is where you think your game is weakest. Upgrade the wedges to the higher level Vokeys if you're having trouble with pitches and other short-game shots. Upgrade your putter to the level 77 Spider if you're missing too many putts (vast improvement in precision and balance over the level 19 putter you have now). And, you don't need it now maybe, but when you reach Legend, with its new tees, you will need a longer driver, such as the level 94 Callaway MAVRIK Driver at 287 yards. You're only one level away from that.

Hope that helps.
    AKD
  • AlaskanDame
    18,953 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 10:06 PM
    Oh, and you also need some "high" trajectory irons so that you can loft the ball and make use of the spin factor of your ball and clubs to hold the greens. It would take you a bit of practice to get used to how much spin to use (and not use) on various greens, depending on how they are tilted, but the level 75 or level 85 irons would be great for you.
  • dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 5:45 AM

Here are some options

RSS