Forums

Help › Forums

Moving up in level?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 27 2021 1:19 PM (34 replies)
  • Slicer0953
    9 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 3:07 PM

I'm just curious how some players are able to move to Legend status after only 6 or 7 months?  My activity level is three times some of these players, my scoring average is lower, and I have completed more tournaments.  What is the secret?  Do you have to belong to a CC to move up quicker?  Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 7:51 PM

Best tips: 

1 2 and 3:  Maintain a consecutive daily (CDP) playing streak, which means start and complete a round each day during the WGT "day".  Even a 1 hole practice round to maintain the streak works.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  The WGT day starts at 0:00 UTS, which translates into 5 PM PDT, 8 PM EDT, 1 AM British Summer Time.  You can figure it out from there.

4.  Complete the game where the CDP bonus is in effect, which is the 1st game on you start on the new WGT day.  If you don't finish that one, your streak is alive but no xp bonus.

5.  Finish your games to collect the completed game bonus.

6. Find a higher level club.  There are + % bonuses for being in a higher level club.  The highest bonus is for a level 20 club at +10%.  (At level 17, 7% bonus, level 13=5%, level 10= 4%)  It isn't the most important thing in the world though.  Stick with the club you enjoy.  If you enjoy the club you are in, it is better to use your free cc xp pass on the aforementioned first game of the WGT day, and help drive up your club's ranking.

7.  Ask your club to create what we call a "Quick XP Builder".  Others have different names. It's a par 3 9 hole tournament ... we use BOP3 and a Par 3 custom course and rotate the 4 9's, and use short tees and low wind.  Go to cheap balls to cut cost, and whack your way through it in 12-13 minutes and pick up 235+ xp points.  Score does not matter.

Hope this helps.

Tom.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 4:11 AM

If they play mobile , they can progress by playing in coin rooms and beating higher tiered players , but not sure if anyone knows the formula used to enable this to happen .

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 5:18 AM

Slicer0953, you need to get your AVG below 61 to advance to Legend Tier.

• Slicer0953
    9 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 7:44 AM

Thanks Tom,

I'm completing 1 through 5 already.  I even had a one year streak on days played and always complete my first game.  Not in a CC so 6 and 7 aren't possible.  My scoring average is at 61.16 and has been stuck there for months.  I play in coin room games as well as multi player tournaments nightly (stroke and CCTH).  The higher tier is only important to me for the equipment upgrade, not the status of the level. Again thanks!

Jeff

• Slicer0953
    9 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 7:51 AM

Thanks MarchieB,

I have 1267 Ranked Rounds and my average score has been stuck at 61.16 for months.  As I mentioned in my other post, I play every day.  Just frustrating to see players under 1 year on tour at that tier already.  Just whining I guess LOL.

Jeff

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2020 8:31 PM

Slicer0953:
    Not in a CC so 6 and 7 aren't possible.

Join a cc too.  There are bonuses that come with decent cc's, not to mention free shot pal and putter pal.

• Slicer0953
    9 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 6:51 PM

Hi MarchieB,

I want to thank you for showing me the advancement chart.  I had not seen it before and don't even know where you found it.  I was averaging 61.16 and after seeing the chart, I went to Bethpage Black and played three rounds of 29, 30 and 31 and boom - Legend.  You saved me a lot of frustration for being stuck at Tour Master for so long.  Again, my thanks!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 11:23 PM

It looks like the OP has successfully moved up to Legend now.

Congrats!

• GedEButler
    53 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 4:58 AM

Congrats, Legend!!...   and welcome to the parking lot tees~~

Keep swingin' bud..  Well done!

RSS