Forums

Help › Forums

The Tour Championship Competition (Prizes)

Wed, Sep 16 2020 11:43 AM (58 replies)
  • WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 12:52 PM

Hello friends,

I hope my click bait headline isn't the only reason you are here, but I wanted everyone to get involved that maybe hasn't seen the One & Done Contest we've been running throughout the year. Basically, the goal has been to select a player each week you think will win, you take whatever winnings they had that week, add it to your total score, and then you can't use that player again the rest of the year. For those of you watching golf each week and who enjoy fantasy (and enjoy free prizes), I would highly suggest jumping in or hopping aboard next year when we run it again. Oh and congrats to GBP1705 for picking Jon Rahm last week, you won the credits and they have been added to your account (see how freaking easy that is!)

Alright so I've done my little speech on this, I want to address the competition that I'm running this week. It is very simple, you just will need to make three different picks. The first is the player who will win the tournament (not to difficult, there is already an adjust leaderboard so already half the field basically has no chance). Then, you need to select the player who is going to shoot the best score this week. Remember, this is different especially if you think DJ is going to win by only shooting -5, but you think Berger is going to shoot -10. Lastly, I want you to pick the player who you think is going to shoot the worst overall score this week.

If you select the correct answer for any of those questions, you have a chance to win 500 credits (if we have 10 people pick DJ, there will be a random draw to see who the one winner is). Now the overall prize is 2,000 credits and that will go to the player who has the best overall selections for the tournament. What does this mean? I'll break it down:

If for any of the categories your player finishes 1st (this means the lowest score for the week or worst score as well), you receive 1 point. The goal is you want the least amount of points possible. Lets say the player you picked to win finishes solo 5th, the player you picked to shoot the lowest score finishes solo 8th, and the player you finished to shoot the worst score finishes solo 3rd for all the worst scores... your total would then be 16 points. If there are ties in there, we are going to do the average of those places. So if there are 3 people tied for 3rd and you have one of those players, you would receive 4 points.

I hope that wasn't too confusing for you, but don't sweat the scoring, let me handle that. Just make your 3 picks and you automatically have a chance to win! One last thing, I have provided links below so you know who is in the field and what the starting scores are. Good luck!

Tour Championship Field

Tour Championship Starting Scores

• xz05fm
    2,353 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 2:19 PM

So I get nothing for also picking Jon Rahm last week, not even a mention!!

• bbqdog61
    430 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 2:56 PM

Don't feel bad as I picked Rahm as well.....Oh well!

Jeff

• HB1717
    303 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 4:04 PM

WIN J. Thomas                                                                                                                           BEST SCORE W. Simpson                                                                                                        WORST SCORE M. Leishman

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 5:03 PM

overall winner: Jon Rahm

best score: Webb Simpson

worst score: Cameron Smith

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 7:31 PM

jacktrade51 picks:

Winner: DJ

Best score: McIlroy

Worst Score: Cameron Smith

• JDGHOST
    6,766 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 8:31 PM

My Question is....Is the "One and Done" rule still in affect? I would assume its not... Otherwise for those that have already used most of the top players are kinda screwed this week? Also not sure the leaderboard is up to date...One & Done Sheet

JD

• xz05fm
    2,353 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 10:51 PM

Overall Winner - Jon Rahm

Xander Schauffele - Best Score

Kevin Na - Worse Score

• GBP1705
    2,607 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 3:03 AM

Winner = Justin Thomas

Lowest Score = Webb Simpson

Highest Score = Harris English

• jimmybowers
    331 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 3:41 AM

winner= joaquin niemann                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              lowest score= dustin johnson                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     highest scre =cameron smith

RSS