Forums

Help › Forums

Hall Of Fame Tier

Wed, Sep 20 2023 6:55 AM (263 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 3:19 AM

Just seen this this morning while being nosey. Anyone know how many members besides Young 46. Just curious. Cheers.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 4:42 AM

The WGT Hall Of Fame comprises Majorwinners     

and honorary members tibbets & andyson 

tibbets 

andyson

NASAGolfer 

BolloxInBruges 

mrenn29

StoneColdKiller

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 4:56 AM

craigswan:
    The WGT Hall Of Fame comprises Majorwinners     and honorary members tibbets & andyson 

Craigswan I think what the OP is asking about is Young46’s new Tier Status  http://www.wgt.com/players/young46/default.aspx

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 10:57 AM

At the present moment, it appears Young46 is the only one. 

I looked at the career earnings list. In the top 250 career earnings, no one else is listed as having Hall of Fame status. 

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 11:01 AM

Wonder if Mags is feeling a bit snubbed here. I think he should have been the first, along with Andyson.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 11:08 AM

twinponds169:

Wonder if Mags is feeling a bit snubbed here. I think he should have been the first, along with Andyson.

Having had very little interaction with him and not knowing Mags all that well, I don't know. But I would be surprised. In the little interaction I've ever had with him, he never struck me as someone with an ego or anything to prove. I have to wonder if it would even matter to him. 

Nevertheless, I agree with you. He should have been given the status at the same time as the other player. In my opinion, it is a snub and not a good look for WGT.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 11:50 AM

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 1:34 PM
    Robert1893:

twinponds169:

Having had very little interaction with him and not knowing Mags all that well, I don't know. But I would be surprised. In the little interaction I've ever had with him, he never struck me as someone with an ego or anything to prove. I have to wonder if it would even matter to him. 

Nevertheless, I agree with you. He should have been given the status at the same time as the other player. In my opinion, it is a snub and not a good look for WGT.

It’s because Young finished this years live series with the most overall points
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 2:36 PM
    It's very unfortunate, that wgt just throws this into the mix, with no explanations. They don't give any criteria for being able to achieve this status, so really nothing to work at to get there. Reminds me of the same scenerio of tour champ, from before, where there was only one in wgt, for a long time.
  • Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 3:28 PM

Connorjwebb123:
    It’s because Young finished this years live series with the most overall points

Well, if that's the criterion they're basing it on, then I don't think this phrase (i.e. Hall of Fame) means what they think it means. 😉

RSS