Forums

Help › Forums

Hall Of Fame Tier

Wed, Sep 20 2023 6:55 AM (263 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 10:03 PM

Robert1893:
    This part of your post definitely peaked my interest. The reason is because this may be deep seeded into people's thought and speech patterns. Irregardless and for all intensive purposes others know what they said. Even so, people still should do their do diligence. 

Nice one, Professor Eggcorn ðŸŒ°

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 1:48 AM

Nicole.

I'm with you for sure .

for sure - it ain't english .

I looked up the urban dictionary .

Alternative phrase meaning "certainly", only used by international golfers for TV interviewers..

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 7:39 AM

Young46:
    If I missed any other conspiracy theories let me know.

From your post, this is the one thing I will push back on a bit.

As far as I recall, in the thread, no one stated or suggested anything of a conspiratorial nature was taking place. Some players were simply noting possible inequities in the system. 

Suggesting there are possible inequities does not automatically assume a conspiratorial explanation. Additionally, using verbiage like that (i.e. "missed any other conspiracy theories") simply intends to marginalize issues being raised by others.

That's intellectual laziness. In my world, that's a grave sin. And, as an aide, if one is going to sin, might as well make it a grave one! 😀

Regardless, inequities can take place for any number of reasons, with one of those being people simply not thinking through the process of setting something up (which may be the case here) or failing to consider the the full range of implications for a particular policy.

tl;dr: Inequities can be inadvertent and not due to any conspiratorial mechanism at work. Noting the inequities is not necessarily an accusation of any wrongdoing. 

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 7:58 AM

Robert1893:

Young46:
    If I missed any other conspiracy theories let me know.

From your post, this is the one thing I will push back on a bit.

As far as I recall, in the thread, no one stated or suggested anything of a conspiratorial nature was taking place. Some players were simply noting possible inequities in the system. 

Suggesting there are possible inequities does not automatically assume a conspiratorial explanation. Additionally, using verbiage like that (i.e. "missed any other conspiracy theories") simply intends to marginalize issues being raised by others.

That's intellectual laziness. In my world, that's a grave sin. And, as an aide, if one is going to sin, might as well make it a grave one! 😀

Regardless, inequities can take place for any number of reasons, with one of those being people simply not thinking through the process of setting something up (which may be the case here) or failing to consider the the full range of implications for a particular policy.

tl;dr: Inequities can be inadvertent and not due to any conspiratorial mechanism at work. Noting the inequities is not necessarily an accusation of any wrongdoing. 

Webster himself could not have articulated his point with such magnificence Robert...You are a true "Wordsmith"

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 11:59 AM

for sure .

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 4:12 PM

[

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 4:12 PM

😲