Ending Flash the way WGT does...

Fri, Jan 8 2021 3:52 AM (102 replies)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2020 2:38 PM

pdb1:

Kenher01:

pdb1:

Cross platform can only be played between Mobile and PCEA . Flash has never been included .

Not true, many months ago Crossplatform between PCEA & Flash was added in an early Update to PCEA

Ken

I had also heard the same thing Ken . And have asked the same question in these Forums several times .

I have had players tell me both .

But the truth is that PCEA was invented for the sole purpose of cross platform play with Mobile .

Have not heard many success stories of PCEA and or Mobile able to join with Flash .

My system will not allow it . But that's not saying much .

More power to those who can .

Many months ago ( like 10 months ) PCEA was introduced to WGT . With the pretense that cross platform play would be possible with Mobile .

I don't even think that worked very well .According to posts I have read here .

No one in our CC has any issues, Post World Cup when the majority of us in The CC dropped Flash & switched to PCEA a small minority stuck with Flash & since that old Update which brought in Crossplatform between PCEA & Flash we've been able to play any Multiplayer game against each other.

I did see Champ in a Stream recently say that Mobile will eventually be able to play directly (MP, AS etc, etc) against PCEA in the future

Ken

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2020 4:31 PM

pdb1:
    But the truth is that PCEA was invented for the sole purpose of cross platform play with Mobile .

It would actually be more accurate to say that PCEA was invented to replace the Flash version of the game, since Flash support is going away.  Cross-platform play (PC vs. mobile) has always been only a secondary concern.

pdb1:
    Have not heard many success stories of PCEA and or Mobile able to join with Flash .

I posted this summary of what cross-platform play is currently possible in another thread:

• PCEA players can play games with Flash players (multiplayer games:  stroke, match, skins, AS)
    • PCEA players can play games with Mobile players (coin games or H2H)
    • Flash players cannot play games with Mobile players

In addition, as Ken mentioned, WGT is working on adding more cross-platform (PC vs. mobile) play options.

Hope this helps.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 7:36 AM

Only cross platform play is in the H2H coin rooms most of us PCEA want to play stroke alt match and skins with mobile/tablet.

• EK2019
    36 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 8:31 AM

handygandy:

I agree and feel the same way. Change is not always good and it has been the death of online gaming platforms before. When FLASH ends, so do I. 

I agree 100%, the desktop version is like going back 15 years.... 

I sure hope WGT get's on it. I just played a Desktop game and it is horrible. I am not spending one penny more until they get a decent similar game as the Flash Version. 

The Desktop version is very clunky, the graphics are really bad and just not the same experience. On a side note, if flash is being removed what is the new player for internet browsing on any site?

Thanks and it was nice over the years playing WGT, but Come January I most likely will not be playing anymore.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 3:53 AM

pdb1:

My God, u really do like the sound of your own voice don't ya.

talk about verbal diarrhea.

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 4:39 PM

love this

• RSS