Forums

Help › Forums

Ending Flash the way WGT does...

Fri, Jan 8 2021 3:52 AM (102 replies)
  • AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 7:58 PM

JDGHOST

What I am doing to hopefully play the Flash version of WGT on my desktop is using a browser I don't usually use--FireFox--and having it never update.

But  I've been told recently that "WGT will be removing the Flash come the end of the year thus users, regardless of if they have found a way to continue using flash based games, will no longer have access to the flash version of WGT."

So I am very interested in using one of my browsers to be able to access Flash and I do have Skype and am willing and eager to have you walk me through it. Unless you want to write it out on here.  

Any help would be appreciated!

• scutaw2
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 10:14 PM

I run LINUX, so I will use the flash version as long as it is up

and then I guess I am done with WGT.

It's been a fun 3 Years, folks.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 2:29 AM

AugustWest82772:

Not gonna happen my friend. WGT will be REMOVING the flash game come the end of the year. Regardless of what browsers you have, the ability to play the flash version will no longer exist come the end of the year.

Don

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 11:16 PM

JDGHOST:

Ok few points to address....# 1 in the previous posts on this thread the "Rants" by Kyle I noticed his player name is removed from said Posts??? Very Strange..not sure what that means (come to think of it we have not played in a while either hmmmm

#2 About how to continue playing flash ...I have walked 15 or so players thru it with very little issue's....But that being being said I'm not sure I am quite articulate enough to type out full instructions and have it all go smooth?...I would feel terrible if someone misunderstood something and made a wrong"Click" and screwed up their PC or laptop...

The way I have done it with my friends so far is thru Skype where we can actually talk or even better the person will share their screen on Skype and I talk them thru AND watch them actually do it...I can yell out NO NO NO if they are about to make a wrong move lol...

So if you have Skype... huge help  otherwise I will try to explain  every move step by step and post it I guess.....As we get closer to December I will work on that and post it as a last resort ...

Anyone interested message me with your Skype name and we can walk thru it that way...

JD

I am interested and have skype. I've friended you so we can message each other if you are still doing this. 

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 5:06 AM

AugustWest82772:

JDGHOST

What I am doing to hopefully play the Flash version of WGT on my desktop is using a browser I don't usually use--FireFox--and having it never update.

But  I've been told recently that "WGT will be removing the Flash come the end of the year thus users, regardless of if they have found a way to continue using flash based games, will no longer have access to the flash version of WGT."

So I am very interested in using one of my browsers to be able to access Flash and I do have Skype and am willing and eager to have you walk me through it. Unless you want to write it out on here.  

Mr Rush,

All my work and research in getting myself and MANY others in a position to continue running a "Flash Player" WELL past the The supposed "dooms day" date of Dec 31st 2020...Was all in vain and is now a moot point as WGT has decided they know whats best for ya and They  have taken that option out of our hands and will remove the flash version of their product on Dec 29th 2020...

I was maybe the most critical and outspoken about the "New" version (PCEA or launcher if you prefer) And how the Real WGT game was flash ONLY...And blah blah blah...I'm sure Champ and Icon and the rest of the crew were close to putting me back on moderation as I bitched about it pretty darn hard!! 😲

SO TO THE GOOD NEWS!!

I was wrong!! YES WGT I SAID IT!!... And after fully committing to the PCEA version ...The product is pretty dam good!! So much so I won't play a round now on Flash unless I have to (Cabo/Whistler) in a bracket tourney only time...

There are a few bugs I hope they continue to work out (with the help of our input).. But as far as "playability"...The new version is far superior to the "Current" flash version which has "coincidentally" 😉  deteriorated terribly  as we get closer to Dec 29th...

So all that being said Mr Rush ...Get playing the launcher and with a few weeks of adjustment you will be fine (if I can do it...) And you will be set to continue on our beloved WGT game for many more years..

Best of luck

JD👻

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 2:21 PM

JDGHOST:

AugustWest82772:

JDGHOST

Mr Rush,

All my work and research in getting myself and MANY others in a position to continue running a "Flash Player" WELL past the The supposed "dooms day" date of Dec 31st 2020...Was all in vain and is now a moot point as WGT has decided they know whats best for ya and They  have taken that option out of our hands and will remove the flash version of their product on Dec 29th 2020...

I was maybe the most critical and outspoken about the "New" version (PCEA or launcher if you prefer) And how the Real WGT game was flash ONLY...And blah blah blah...I'm sure Champ and Icon and the rest of the crew were close to putting me back on moderation as I bitched about it pretty darn hard!! 😲

SO TO THE GOOD NEWS!!

I was wrong!! YES WGT I SAID IT!!... And after fully committing to the PCEA version ...The product is pretty dam good!! So much so I won't play a round now on Flash unless I have to (Cabo/Whistler) in a bracket tourney only time...

There are a few bugs I hope they continue to work out (with the help of our input).. But as far as "playability"...The new version is far superior to the "Current" flash version which has "coincidentally" 😉  deteriorated terribly  as we get closer to Dec 29th...

So all that being said Mr Rush ...Get playing the launcher and with a few weeks of adjustment you will be fine (if I can do it...) And you will be set to continue on our beloved WGT game for many more years..

Best of luck

JD👻

Thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated. I like the EA version okay, it's just the putting that I'm going to have to get used to. The view doesn't lend itself to me reading it with as much confidence as Flash.  I switched my putting view to "classic mode" but it's still a bit harder for me to putt really well, especially on the long ones.

So much easier to see the break (up/down and left/right) when I would use a flop shot (I would go to pitch mode) and in the new version you have to go to your putter which is a little clunky for me.

Also, I like playing Blitz and will definitely miss that. So much quicker than Alt or M Play. 

But hearing your experience definitely gives me hope that I'll get the hand of it and learn to like is as much or more than Flash. So thanks!

Take good care of yourself...

AgustWest

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 2:53 PM

I am in agreement.  After giving it a fair chance and having an open mind, I got to like the non-flash version.  Even the putting was okay after I got used to it.  However, I've done all my experimenting on a course that I know like the back of my hand, so that made it a little easier.   Most of my shots reacted identically to what I have grown to expect on the flash version.  So even though I vowed to leave WGT for good after December 31, I've changed my mind on that and will support the new version for ever and ever.  (or as long as I possibly can).  Hats off to WGT for creating something that will likely be as good or even better in the future.   And again, I would like to reiterate the great job WGT Staff, Customer Service and Moderators have done in the past and do on a daily basis.  Without strong leadership, support and moderation, the site would be a mess.  So thank you very much!

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2020 8:01 AM

Hi Henry ,

My feelings were almost exactly the same as yours in the beginning but I .like you , have kept an open mind and stuck with it. Till now , after about 6 weeks I've reached about the same level of incompitance as. after 10 years,  I'd reached on the Flash version. So for me there's not much difference anymore, I couldn't consistantly hit the spot I was intening before and I still can't . In fact my enjoyment is now greater as my expectations are lower. Maybe the overall scores posted will be a little more realistic in future ,who knows ? 

Jed 

• AHiggins59
    31 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 12:25 AM

I downloaded app and wont let login from facebook so i guess i cant play no more it keeps getting me to try to sign in  normal or sign up so guess goodbye

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 1:51 AM

AHiggins59:

I downloaded app and wont let login from facebook so i guess i cant play no more it keeps getting me to try to sign in  normal or sign up so guess goodbye

Did you log in using facebook password on flash?  If not you need to use same log in details

RSS