Forums

Help › Forums

Ending Flash the way WGT does...

Fri, Jan 8 2021 3:52 AM (102 replies)
  • KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2020 6:04 PM

o.k. , U fear to lose a lot of players,

Because the alternative - EA/launcher version was built by Mickey Mouse on acid.

Now You ruin the existing game with hidden winds and unreal results, spoiling ur long time clients. 

How dare You?

You have no clue of managing an online-community.

Well, a good idea and an excellent business can easily be ruined, if run by the wrong people.  So, well done, TopGolf.....

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2020 2:34 AM

KYLANDER:

o.k. , U fear to lose a lot of players,

Because the alternative - EA/launcher version was built by Mickey Mouse on acid.

Now U idiots *** ur existing game with hidden winds and unreal results, spoiling ur long time clients. 

How dare You?

How can You insult ur long time loyal players that way?

You have no clue of managing an online-community.

My answer: Leaving, and play PGA 2k 2021.

FU** off, idiots

• KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 4:59 PM

The way WGT/TopGolf acts as so silly. Flash was being "buried" in 2011, by Adobe announcement.

7 years later, WGT published a mobile version. Built on html5. Not bad, but a bit clumsy to work through on iPad.

8 years later, they present the "launcher version". With huge avatars, but  a small wind flag.

With dot speeds, only 60% of original version.

But with apparels, that add on distance. Well, I am a real golfer, but wearing a Tailor-made cap never added any distance to me... :-)

TopGolf was mislead by a strategy, focussing on the "youth", but the Youth will never spend 10 USD for a virtual "sleeve", nor will they play this for longer than 3 months. I have kids myself, aged 25 and 11. WGT made so many mistakes, ruining a once perfect game experience. I had my fun here, made some good friends. But the "fun" is over.

Stay healthy, fellows.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 3:06 AM

KYLANDER:
    I had my fun here, made some good friends. But the "fun" is over.

A few months left to go.

Yeah was disappointed when I found out earlier in the year and decided the "Mickey Mouse on acid" game wasn't for me.

Didn't plan on playing again after finishing up early April when I returned home from overseas. However, the authoritahs here recently decided I'd only be walking, riding my bike, or taking the bus for the next three months,

So one last gasp at a truly great game until I get my wheels back then an extended walkabout in this vast and sparsely populated island continent of by birth.

KYLANDER:
    Stay healthy, fellows.

You too.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 4:12 AM

Anyone that wishes can contact me and I will walk you thru the setup and way you CAN continue to play the "FLASH" Version of WGT well past the "supposed" death Day of flash Dec 31st 2020.....

JD

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 5:34 AM

I'M Interested .

Tell us more please .

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 9:17 AM

JDGHOST:

Anyone that wishes can contact me and I will walk you thru the setup and way you CAN continue to play the "FLASH" Version of WGT well past the "supposed" death Day of flash Dec 31st 2020.....

JD

It's pointless JD. They deliberately screw up flash every day....it's pointless.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2020 10:08 AM

Ok few points to address....# 1 in the previous posts on this thread the "Rants" by Kyle I noticed his player name is removed from said Posts??? Very Strange..not sure what that means (come to think of it we have not played in a while either hmmmm

#2 About how to continue playing flash ...I have walked 15 or so players thru it with very little issue's....But that being being said I'm not sure I am quite articulate enough to type out full instructions and have it all go smooth?...I would feel terrible if someone misunderstood something and made a wrong"Click" and screwed up their PC or laptop...

The way I have done it with my friends so far is thru Skype where we can actually talk or even better the person will share their screen on Skype and I talk them thru AND watch them actually do it...I can yell out NO NO NO if they are about to make a wrong move lol...

So if you have Skype... huge help  otherwise I will try to explain  every move step by step and post it I guess.....As we get closer to December I will work on that and post it as a last resort ...

Anyone interested message me with your Skype name and we can walk thru it that way...

JD

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2020 10:46 AM

I wonder what the percentage is now for players playing the new version against those still playing the old version .

RSS