Forums

Help › Forums

People complaining about slow pace of play!

Fri, Sep 11 2020 2:25 AM (23 replies)
  • NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2020 9:27 AM

Just the last day nearly all my opponents were using 5 to 15 seconds on the shot clock, playing with starter clubs and some complained about slow play on my part.  45 second clock is reasonable imo, although sometimes not enough for difficult shots.

Maybe setup the coin rooms with 30, 60, 90 clocks so the turbo fast players can play with themselves and get off my back?  It gets annoying to have to deal with such people frequently.  I want to take my time and increase my chances of scoring well.  I view the game as a simulator, not as an arcade game at the mall.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2020 8:56 PM

Couple thoughts on this:

1. Play at your own pace.  If your opponent complains, ignore them or turn off chat.
    2. Coin rooms are more like an arcade game at the mall than a simulator.  Especially with the magic apparel boosts.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 7:49 AM

I don’t know if this will help , but if you are playing a single hole coin room match , some people complain of slow play because they are trying to play as many matches in the 30 minutes sponsorship time to earn more apparel points. If this is the case and you are not playing for apparel it might be better to play in coin rooms for three or nine hole matches. Just a thought ! 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 10:18 AM

PDB , I was not saying it was acceptable behaviour , I was just giving a possible alternative Reason why it may happen .

generally mobile play has always been fairly quick play , and some mobile players may not understand that  a whole new bunch of players coming across from pc play is joining the coin rooms .

also , mobile players may not have been used to checking these forums to keep themselves up to date with the developments in the WGT.com game, and as a mobile player I have never encountered anything other than a fixed clock of 45 seconds , but on PC I believe you have other choices.

• NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 12:24 PM

Thanks for the award. I don't use more time than I need.  I may need 10 seconds for an easy shot but on a really hard shot I may need more than 45 seconds.  But when people play turbo speed shot after shot they either don't care about playing well or they do it intentionally to intimidate imo.

• NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 12:36 PM

Yeah it's better to setup your own game and choose 60 or 90 seconds.  I seldom need the full 60 seconds but better to have something and not need it rather than to need it and not have it.

I wasn't even aware of the setup options till yesterday.  I just got really frustrated with people and wanted to quit.  When I argue with people my concentration goes down the toilet and I shoot over par rounds.  When I play on my own I can shoot 3 or 4 under with non-tournament greens and easy hole locations.

• Imahacker58
    365 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 2:26 AM

NickolasMagos:

Thanks for the award. I don't use more time than I need.  I may need 10 seconds for an easy shot but on a really hard shot I may need more than 45 seconds.  But when people play turbo speed shot after shot they either don't care about playing well or they do it intentionally to intimidate imo.

I usually play at a fast tempo because I work out the wind, lie and elevation in my head pretty quick, it’s just the execution that often lets me down because I use 10 credit rocks with no assisted meter slowing, but most people in my experience need the slower meter balls or they’d struggle to hit fairways and greens. As for how long the other guy takes to play his shot, in my opinion we have 45 seconds and we are entitled to use as much or as little of that as we need without being subject to abuse.

RSS