Forums

Help › Forums

Why don't members read their CC forum?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 27 2020 10:14 PM (2 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:33 PM

It seems that only a small percentage do. This is true from small to large clubs. I don't believe it is a matter of them reading but not posting, I believe they just don't go there.

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2020 3:09 AM

Great question .

I used to have a bit of a laugh and joke in our cc with old standing members but as they move out usually dead , loss interest , too busy or sick to death of me the newer members just do not turn up .

I know people who have been in our cc for years and still to make their first post .

They play the games that are set up but if you try something different which requires contact they are a no show .

Way of the world i think .

If it ain't twitter , facebook or instagram it's a big yawn .

Even in the main forums you all will know players who have been with wgt for years and never post .

Or hardly play .

Maybe everyone with over 10,000 posts should get a life .

Hey paul - I'm talking to you .

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 10:14 PM

BogeyOne:

It seems that only a small percentage do. This is true from small to large clubs. I don't believe it is a matter of them reading but not posting, I believe they just don't go there.

Hello - nap-man!

I think a big part of the problem is many people joining CC's don't even know there is a forum.  WGT defaults on our account pages do not help.  I noticed that the default for getting emails was "off" for getting emails from a CC, CC owner, etc.

I am afraid too many players join a CC to get Putter Pal and Shot Pal and never participate.

OK - back to sleep now.

RSS