Forums

Help › Forums

Flash player

Sat, Sep 26 2020 2:15 AM (60 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 5:44 AM

twinponds169:
    This game (Flash) as we know it and love it has gone to absolute garbage, just a shell of its former self. There has been virtually NO maintenance of it since they launched the kiddy arcade and there won't be any.

There is no doubt I have heard this statement.....How the "flash" game is not running right and there are many issue's I mean all ya have to do is listen to the running rants by Kylander (Kyle)...

But I'm sorry to say I 100% disagree my game is running as good (or as good as it always has)...  Sure there is occasional shot where I say "That didn't seem right"  But that's been the way of the game for the 3 years I have been here? My meter is smooth as glass ...I can message everybody fine.... My friends list works fine...Etc...In actuality my meter on PCEA is much more "strobe light looking"....I have 3 browsers I run WGT on... TWO of which are strictly for WGT only and are on an auto clear cache/search history/cookies setting upon exiting the game...And I would argue that game has been great over the last 60 days or so?

After each "Update or Maintenance" WGT does ... When I come back on there may be a slight adjustment to make with winds and breaks on the green ...But that has ALWAYS been the way...What that tells me is they ARE doing some maintaining with Flash Version...Or the algorithm that has always been there to "Change things up" so we are constantly making adjustments or relearning some slight variations in the "Game play" are being done or have never left ...

Maybe it's just my "Blind love" for the only "True"Version of WGT... FLASH!!... And I just don't see it or subconsciously chose to ignore it...I don't know... But for me the game is playing great this morning as it did 3 weeks ago and 3 months ago....

Cheers all,

JD

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 5:53 AM

Yiannis1970:

You don't need any flash updates to run smoothly this game. I play for more than 2 years now with an 18 version of flash and everything is fine. Flash has nothing to do with WTF shots we experience in this game, especially this year.

+1!!

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 6:18 AM

Firstly, If WGT ditches the social aspect of this game, it will be a quick whitewash next year. So far there ain't a single element suggesting it otherwise. Lots of games to consider. 2K looks fantastic without the social aspect with one time payment.

You cannot just open launcher, create a game n expect Disneyland fun especially when everyone looks blinking NATURE.

Secondly, if WGT n their sponsors keep doing the "DIVIDE N PLAY" policy especially next year, another reason that correlates to my first point. If you want real fun n competition, eradicate the entire element called "Eligibility" It simply doesn't exist. Let everyone get their earned opportunity. Those players who are thrown out in the name of above are not just one hit wonders. They all travelled the same path to be the best. Having said that, these days it is being pretty obvious and it will come out eventually, when it is hollow inside.

Special thanks to Etour for considering everyone. The ship is still floating. But the question is, how long!!!!!!!

iam expecting a moderation after this post. O well... It is what it is. 

- Carl 

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 8:18 AM

Have you all read the Adobe Flash Player End of Life page on their website?  According to them no version of Flash Player will work after 12/31/2020. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

The EAPC version is not so bad.  It does have a few glitches in it but hopefully those will be worked out as we get closer to the end of the year. 

You can still play country club tournaments, wgt tournaments, alt shot, match play etc. as well as the Head to Head if you wish.  There is a chat box that you can turn on or off, a visibility on or off part etc. all in the settings section so it's not so bad.  We use Discord for voice chatting instead of the chat box. 

Anyway I think if you give it a chance you might like it.  :-)

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 8:30 AM

Ladychipper:

Have you all read the Adobe Flash Player End of Life page on their website?  According to them no version of Flash Player will work after 12/31/2020. 

Where exactly says something like this? Can you quote it? Thank you.

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 8:31 AM

Ladychipper:

The EAPC version is not so bad.  It does have a few glitches in it but hopefully those will be worked out as we get closer to the end of the year. 

You can still play country club tournaments, wgt tournaments, alt shot, match play etc. as well as the Head to Head if you wish.  There is a chat box that you can turn on or off, a visibility on or off part etc. all in the settings section so it's not so bad.  We use Discord for voice chatting instead of the chat box. 

Anyway I think if you give it a chance you might like it.  :-)

+1

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 8:59 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Where exactly says something like this? Can you quote it? Thank you.

4.  Will Adobe make previous versions of Adobe Flash Player available for download after 2020? 

No. Adobe will be removing Flash Player download pages from its site and Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date.
    Adobe always recommends using the latest, supported and up-to-date software. Customers should not use Flash Player after the EOL Date since it will not be supported by Adobe.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 9:10 AM
    It says available for downloading/downloading pages. Nothing close that it will stop running. Proof of that is the word ''should''. ''Customers should not use Flash Player...''. If Flash was about to stop running then they wouldn't be using the word ''should''.
  • JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 10:56 AM

Nobody (But Yiannis) and a few others (myself included) seem to truly understand what is going to happen come Dec 31st ???

And I guess people can't comprehend the word "Unsupported" I have done so many hours of research I have lost count ...Flash will be able to be accessed AND used but Unsupported is all !! Every browser WILL NOT drop access ....

There are countless companies out there planning to go on using flash well into 2023... there are also multiple companies that have acquired a patch program from (Harman.com) that will allow them to continue using flash WITH support until they are completely ready to convert over to HTML5 ( I wish WGT would have purchased the patch program) but that's another argument in itself ...But I believe WGT knows many if not most of us will find ways on our own to access AND play the flash game therefor they will (or should) not drop it!! Why would they??  But I digress let's just wait and see....

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:44 PM
    If you want my opinion JD, in 31th of December the gameplay page will go down...and NO, won't be because of non supporting flash from the browser...
RSS