Forums

Help › Forums

Flash player

Sat, Sep 26 2020 2:15 AM (60 replies)
  • GedEButler
    53 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2020 5:08 AM

Yiannis1970:
    It is just that for me the game is too focused on the coin rooms and lacks any social aspects that the old flash version made the game so much fun to play.

--What's a coin room...??   LOL~~

Maybe...  in the broad scheme of things..  perhaps the opportunity to find a way to be more productive with my/(our) time, and money... in the "real" world~~??

• Dommmy
    28 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2020 6:33 AM

+1.

Clear, perfectly clear and so real.

Great answer Yannis. Hope WGT will read.

Dom

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2020 7:16 AM

PSantos2504:

Will the browser-based version be shut down?

If so, will WGT migrate my account and all its details to another platform?

On Steam yesterday, it was announced, by wgtChampion ,  that   " All avatars and bought on the Flash version will, WILL..   be transferred to PCEA" .  Which is, and will be steam. Stand - alone launcher will vanish.

To my knowledge, all browsers will cease to support Adobe Flash Player. (21st December 2020) 

Flash is being "dropped" by all and sundry, because it's full of security holes.

I've done 4 months on the launcher. It still plays good golf. Steam , I've been on for 4days now. Same as launcher but bugs in cross platform games. (which will vanish when there is no browser version.

You will get used to it quickly.  Dinosaurs beware !  :)

• rembrandt100
    36 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2020 5:57 PM

Are you saying that accounts will not be migrated to the new platform? If so what happens to my credits etc.? 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2020 10:56 PM

Yiannis1970:

As i said before, it's their game and they can do whatever they like with it, however, we can still state our piece of mind...

Yiannis - I agree with everything in your post.

However..................

I have come to the sad conclusion that WGT makes so much money off the mobile (arcade) game, they really don't care about the golf simulation that we enjoy.  I never expected to reach that conclusion, but it seems everything they have done this year is toward the mobile/EA version and nothing but problems and disappearances of features in the Flash version.

I wish it were not so (and I hope I am wrong), but I don't expect the Flash version to even be playable at the end of the year - even if they leave it up.

Sigh.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2020 3:06 AM

DoctorLarry:

Yiannis1970:

As i said before, it's their game and they can do whatever they like with it, however, we can still state our piece of mind...

Yiannis - I agree with everything in your post.

However..................

I have come to the sad conclusion that WGT makes so much money off the mobile (arcade) game, they really don't care about the golf simulation that we enjoy.  I never expected to reach that conclusion, but it seems everything they have done this year is toward the mobile/EA version and nothing but problems and disappearances of features in the Flash version.

I wish it were not so (and I hope I am wrong), but I don't expect the Flash version to even be playable at the end of the year - even if they leave it up.

Sigh.

I agree with Yiannis also.

I gave Early Access a month playing and Coin Games and Apparel is a deterant, Tournaments being setup with coin games means I cant play it.

I love WGT, and its given me 8 years of great entertainment. I will try and continue with flash, but when it becomes unplayable it will be time to move on.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2020 5:18 AM

GrahamB2014:
    I have tried both the PCEA and steam versions of the game and I do not like either . It is not because I can not adapt to changes I have been playing this game for many years and have adapted to all the changes in that time. It is just that for me the game is too focused on the coin rooms and lacks any social aspects that the old flash version made the game so much fun to play

Now that is very well said. Well Done

My understanding is and don't quote me but the PC version will still run.  Flash will be still there but no new updates for it.    Not sure if that is good or bad. 

The App is useless for me as The screen is too small.  

The PCEA is ok but looks weird as it just not me playing the game.  Looks more like Hulk   lol.  

Now Steam I didn't know about.  Is that something new?

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2020 6:52 AM

mantis0014:

GrahamB2014:
    I have tried both the PCEA and steam versions of the game and I do not like either . It is not because I can not adapt to changes I have been playing this game for many years and have adapted to all the changes in that time. It is just that for me the game is too focused on the coin rooms and lacks any social aspects that the old flash version made the game so much fun to play

Now that is very well said. Well Done

My understanding is and don't quote me but the PC version will still run.  Flash will be still there but no new updates for it.    Not sure if that is good or bad. 

The App is useless for me as The screen is too small.  

The PCEA is ok but looks weird as it just not me playing the game.  Looks more like Hulk   lol.  

Now Steam I didn't know about.  Is that something new?

Steam is just PCEA launched via Steam. It is the same game 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2020 7:27 AM

Dommmy:

Hope WGT will read.

Sure they do....no doubt about!!!

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2020 7:36 AM

Yiannis1970:

All these changes concern the gameplay...i repeat, the gameplay. The gameplay made this game big till now. Not the coins, not the apparels, not the boxes, not the outfit, not the underwares, not the ball effects, not any other mumbo jumbo thing you invented in the last 8 months. For god's shake, you can invent 1000 more of these if you like BUT please, restore the game play as it was for us who care about the game and not for childish plays!!!!

Trust me wgt on that...the above points will make a HUGE difference on who's stayin and who's leaving in 6 months....think about it. Screwing up the flash everyday with the hope that everyone's will turn eventually to the launcher is just a pipe dream... 

SOOOO well said my friend!!! 

RSS