Forums

Help › Forums

2020 Andyson Tournament Scores/Info Here

Mon, May 10 2021 4:01 PM (301 replies)
  • xxDannyxxo
    197 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:24 AM

woopsy forgot this

av well nvmnd  hats off to dennis & good tournament ..

heres what i scored this morning just in case lol

09.19.20 Royal St George's Full 18 Tour Legend 62
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 1:12 PM

Just finished a match with OvertheEdge, "Jeff". I saw the first posting of 18 holes and now seeing this one that has amended the amended schedule lol. We played 18 at Royal and we finished 4 and 3 for Blue! It was a great match and the best opponent anyone could ask for! Jeff is a great friend and stand up guy for sure. I really enjoyed the play and chat!

So, if needed we can redo our match and only play the back nine if need be sir! Just let me know what you think, if ok then thats great, if not, then we can do it again on the back side only and that will be great also! I'm just glad your hosting the tournament my friend! 

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 1:24 PM

Shedlite:

Due to to few players qualifying the first round will contain byes. The best scores by tier will get an automatic bye as will 3 other random players. All positions were randomly choosen and you will have 2 week to complete each phase. It is up to you to arrange match the sooner the better. When all matches are completed each round the next round will start. If no match is played I will decide who advances with a coin toss.

Round of 16 Match ups at Royal St.George Back9 (all matches set) 0 of 8 completed

Claremoreblue (4 UP) vs  overtheedge

I haver to say. I have been playing this game and a part of the WGT community for 11 years.

I have NEVER had the opportunity to play against my good friend claremoreblue. A player with a skill that is far and few between. It was just a pleasure watching him play. My friend is a man that not too many of us could endure what he has HAD to endure. Humble, kind, caring and TRUE. claremoreblue and his accomplishments over the years speak for themselves and I had the opportunity to watch and play against my friend in a tournament we both have been involved in since it was created.

We played for Dennis - aka; andyson, who we both knew extremely well and FINALLY played a enjoyable, laid back and pleasurable MP game. 

Thank you AGAIN to EVERYONE involved who have made the "5th Annual andyson    Memorial Tournament" another well organized and extremely enjoyable "community organized" tournament.  SPECIAL THANKS TO shidlite / Bill.

• TomCarioca
    286 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 1:31 AM

Had a nice round at Erin.

Putter's been on fire at the B9 and made up for a dozen off-the-ding approaches :)

Let's see what it's good for - happy that I made it that far.

And again: THANKS for that wonderful event!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 12:32 PM

Ok Bill, we played again anyway just because. It was a very odd match as neither of us could really get much going! Dennis was all over us and causing some irregular occurences! The outcome of shots was just odd as they could be, bunkers, rough and everything else but water played a roll in this one lol. 

The great thing is, I had the privilege of playing with a great friend again. That is a rare occasion because I can't ever find The Edge online lol! The match was very close from start to finish as we halved 17 with birdies. Blue in the end came out for a 2 and 1 win.

Again, thank you for hosting this awesome touenament sir, I am for one very grateful! What Dennis did for this community was nothing less than amazing. His comical sense of humor was always looked forward too and just make us all laugh and spill our coffee! One gone too soon for sure, rest his soul! 

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 1:20 PM

claremoreblue:

Ok Bill, we played again anyway just because. It was a very odd match as neither of us could really get much going! Dennis was all over us and causing some irregular occurrences! The outcome of shots was just odd as they could be, bunkers, rough and everything else but water played a roll in this one lol. 

The great thing is, I had the privilege of playing with a great friend again. That is a rare occasion because I can't ever find The Edge online lol! The match was very close from start to finish as we halved 17 with birdies. Blue in the end came out for a 2 and 1 win.

Again, thank you for hosting this awesome tournament sir, I am for one very grateful! What Dennis did for this community was nothing less than amazing. His comical sense of humor was always looked forward too and just make us all laugh and spill our coffee! One gone too soon for sure, rest his soul! 

ANOTHER enjoyable time, spending time with a courteous gentleman who I consider very good friend. Playing the game is secondary. Watching Blue play this game at such a high level of skill is a pleasure in itself. *blue ( 2UP )*

The time spent enjoying conversation and remembering our dear friend Dennis aka; andyson is the core reason this tournament is played. Both Tony and I had the pleasure and the opportunity to know Dennis while he was a very active member in the WGT community. When Dennis moved on - to what I like to think and feel - a Serene place where ALL things are in Harmony, Peace and in tune with a spiritual Universe, the WGT's Forums went with him.

Many thanks to Bill for his continued dedication and effort running one of the greatest "Community organized Tournament" since 2009 when I became a member.

Also- many thanks to all who have dedicated their time and effort to assist Bill making this tournament a success. 

Lastly, thank you again to my very good friend Tony / blue for a truly enjoyable time. Good Luck to everyone moving forward.

Jeff 

• Phippo20040
    104 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 1:21 PM

• mymanpayne
    6,136 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 2:58 PM

Nigel and I played our match this morning. He was just barely missing on many of his putts, and I managed to make a few a take a good lead. He finally got one back on 16th hole, and then stiffed his approach on the 17th. Luckily I managed to make my putt and end the match. Had a pleasant chat with Nigel and had a fun time playing with him.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 8:10 PM

mymanpayne:
    Nigel and I played our match this morning. He was just barely missing on many of his putts, and I managed to make a few a take a good lead. He finally got one back on 16th hole, and then stiffed his approach on the 17th. Luckily I managed to make my putt and end the match. Had a pleasant chat with Nigel and had a fun time playing with him.

Mike is being generous with his description but there was only one player in this and the best man by far won it.

Mike's putter was a deadly instrument and even on the rare occasion when he missed a putt it was only by half a roll. But he was solid from tee to green as well.

An enjoyable game and good company too. Good luck in the rest of the tournament Mike, and thanks to Bill for putting it all together and Dennis for just having been Dennis.

Cheers all.

Nigel.

• Borat74
    2,788 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 11:01 AM

Just had a great game with Carl and we traded blows all the way through,we were AS through 8 after the game was back and forth,Carl held a lovely putt from 16 ft when i was at 2 ft on 9,so we went to Extras and Carl pipped me on the 2nd extra hole,Really enjoyed that Game Carl and really nice to meet you m8.

GL going forward m8y and thats me out for this year,Thanks for the Tournament fellas,Really enjoyed it again.

Thanks   Paul

RSS