Forums

Help › Forums

2020 Andyson Tournament Scores/Info Here

Mon, May 10 2021 4:01 PM (301 replies)
  • Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 9:27 PM

Due to to few players qualifying the first round will contain byes. The best scores by tier will get an automatic bye as will 3 other random players. All positions were randomly choosen and you will have 2 week to complete each phase. It is up to you to arrange match the sooner the better. When all matches are completed each round the next round will start. If no match is played I will decide who advances with a coin toss.

Congratulations to carlosdev Your Match play winner

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 9:28 PM

All players who signed up and Qualified for stroke play are to play the listed 18hole game and post score. The top half of lowest scores(plus ties) will advance to next round. You will have 10 days to play each course. Failure to post a score will result in you elimination. Must be ranked game can play alone or with others.

Congreatulations to your Stroke play Champion

BigKnight          

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 10:23 AM

Thank you sir! 

• palopalante
    247 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 12:35 PM
    08.20.20 Bethpage Black Full 18 Champion 55
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 1:00 PM

Thanks Bill you are a Star my Friend..!!

• DonaldKey8798
    6,714 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 1:34 PM

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 1:56 PM

Gave it my best, dropped a redonculus putt on the 2nd, had a hole in one shortly thereafter, & quite a few birds. But superior playing skill carried the day for my new friend Wutpa. The drinks were cold, the toasts , a few, the banter was great. Here's to ya Dennis, 'til next years match.

Doc :)

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 2:07 PM
    Well, I just had a great fun match with Doc, which I hope Dennis would have enjoyed watching.

I know he and anyone else would have enjoyed watching holes 2 and 3 in particular, because that's where Doc turned the magic up full. On #2 he was towards the back of the green and drained an improbable 40 foot putt for the bird, and then having set the bar high for himself the only thing left to do was ace the next hole, which he duly did. It was lovely to witness, even if it did put a stake through my vampire heart. That was me 2 Down after just 3 holes and staring at the prospect of getting mangled.

Luckily for me Doc got into a spot of bother on the par 5 4th but then he nailed his approach on the 5th so he was still 2 Up, and with me spraying my approach shots around like a berserk lawn sprinkler it wasn't looking like my finest hour.

Doc ran quite a few putts and pitches right up to the border, but he wasn't getting quite the luck needed for them to drop, and that let me back in to be AS at the turn. And from there my play steadied a bit while Doc unfortunately missed a few fairways to take the pressure off me. I was 2 Up by the time we played the dreaded 15th, and Doc put his approach high and long to be in the rough at the back of the green. If it had been me I would have lost the plot round about then, but he played an amazing shot which left him on the green with a decent chance of saving par. Sadly the putt just flirted but didn't drop, so that was dormie.

We only played one more hole so the final score was 4 & 2 to me, but I have to say that it was a great pleasure playing with Doc, he's a gent. It was a good fun match played in the right spirit and I'm happy to have been a part of it.

Thanks Doc, and congrats again on that spectacular ace!

Nigel.

• corbyph
    151 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 2:12 PM

Thanks for all the hard work Bill

A poor front 9 and a better back 9 

Good luck everyone

RSS