Forums

Help › Forums

2020 Andyson Tournament Scores/Info Here

Mon, May 10 2021 4:01 PM (301 replies)
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2020 1:45 PM

Thank you Will, I was very fortunate in this match, you play very well sir! Dennis did have his hand in the game a couple times, but in the end I was able to eke one out again! Great match against a great player, and I'm very grateful to Bill and his aide's, all of you deserve the accolades! Thank you so much for hosting this tournament every year! Dennis is proud of all of you! 

• gorilamike
    220 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2020 5:26 PM

Just finished the match play at Erin with Mymanpayne. Was an easy-spirited match with Mike and I didnt seem mind in the least that he easily put me away. A real gent.

Mymanpayne def. Gorilamike 2up on 9  

Hope to catch around Mike

• mymanpayne
    6,136 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2020 7:01 PM

Jim and I had a tight battle for this rd. His putting was just a bit off and gave enough room to pull out a victory here. It was really only a 1up win as he conceded the final hole after missing his birdie try. Had a fun time with lots of good conversation. Jim's a class act for sure!

• palopalante
    247 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 11:56 AM

Chris and I played our match play today at the Erin Hills front ...

Exciting and fun in equal parts and that was decided on hole 1 of the tiebreaker, big shots, with some failure caused by the greatness of the event, made neither of them get more than one hole of advantage, arriving tied at 9 Chris did not He made the putt that would have given him victory and at par5 of 1 he was twisted on the approach and the putt to save himself went to the right.

04 Oct
    palopalante defeated amateur4sure in a 9 hole match play game on ERIN HILLS.
  • SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 4:21 PM

I'm guessing this will eliminate me from the competition.  So I'll just say now - it was a pleasure playing.  Thanks for hosting.

10.04.20 Merion Golf Club Full 18 Tour Legend 64
  • palopalante
    247 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2020 7:41 AM
    10.05.20 Merion Golf Club Full 18 Champion 60
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2020 8:14 AM

Cracking game Paco and thoroughly deserved win for you my friend.

Dennis was definitely involved as always but it would not be the same if he wasn`t lol.

Very well done Paco now keep er lit for next round for Dennis..

Thanks so much Bill for keeping this super Tournament going, Top man Sir...

• TomCarioca
    283 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 12:13 AM

Three late lipouts sealed my Farewell from that great tournament!

Thanks Bill for setting this event up, I enjoyed it very much and am already looking forward to the next to come!

Good luck to all my fellow remaining contestants - may the ding be with you!

Take care guys   ---Tom

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 10:36 AM

Some days you can put your approach shots where you need to to tame Lady Merion, and some days you can't.

A bogey (and nearly) birdie free 63 to finish me off, thanks so much for taking the time to organise this event again this year, think I've just about enough left in the bottle to raise the glass one more time to our beloved (now parted) friend.

SCORE HISTORY

DATECOURSEHOLESTIERSCORE
    10.06.20 Merion Golf Club Full 18 Champion 63
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 2:48 PM

My Broski and I made the decision at the start of this Wonderful Tournament that we would complete all rounds regardless of  whether or not we are still in it, Neither of us are but yet again another fun filled round for Dennis and the Brigade..

Each round we come up with something different just to Honor the Man and Today it was No Putters omg  (Dotty came up with that one lol)    Dennis would have loved it, Especially the amount of Bogeys or worse but a fun filled game as always....

One thing to note and it was Magical, Paul (TdotDoba) aka Dotty on hole 10 went Driver, driver for Eagle woo hoo lol Brilliant... Just superb fun all the way, Who knows next time maybe nude or pink balls no driver??? No idea of what, This is our tribute game to Dennis!

Hey I may have birdied hole 5 (not 100% :-) with a driver, 3 iron and another bladdy driver but not fully sure, Don`t compare to Dotty`s hole 10 driver driver Eagle the bugger lol

Big Woo Hoo to our friend and to Bill for keeping it going!!!

Broski will be along anytime to post the scores that mean nothing to anyone other than the Andyson gang Well aye folks...

Keep er lit and keep on battling you guys that are left just remember one thing....

.... If it is not fun you are playing the wrong Tournament!!

Over to you Dotty ..

Chris

RSS