Mon, May 10 2021 4:01 PM (301 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 8:06 PM
    09.11.20 Royal St George's Full 18 Tour Legend 59
  • gorilamike
    220 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 8:41 PM

Tick and I just finished up our Match Play at Kiawah. Absolute pleasant round -  nobody was more than 1 up at any point, mostly swapping birds and it went to 9 even where Ticks approach at front pin landed a hair short and kicked hard towards back of green. He barely missed his bird try and mine found home: 

gorilamike def Sticky63 - 1 up on 9

Cheers Tick, see you around bud

• STICKY63
    375 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 7:41 AM

Round 2 is in the books. I had a 1 up lead going into hole #7. I pulled my 2nd shot into the sand and Jim put his just short of the green in the fairway. I was unable to recover and we were AS with 2 holes to play. Both of us managed to par #8. Somehow i hit my 165 yard club 178 yards(I believe I hit a sprinkler head), leaving me a 37 foot putt for birdie. Jim Left himself less than 10 feet for his birdie. I missed and Jim made his birdied to win the hole and match. It was a good game except the result : ) Good luck in the next round, Jim.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 11:19 AM

Terrible play on the back side but hey, Dennis is always lurking with another drink! So in honor of the wonderful man himself and how much I miss his Enquirer shannagans, it is a straight up 57 for me! My favorite is still the train horn on Icon off the tee on 17, Chambers lol! Mercy that was funny lol! 

Also, Thomas and I are scheduled to play our MP match Sunday. 

09.11.20 Royal St George's Full 18 Tour Champion 57
  • giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 8:10 AM

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 2:44 PM

Round 2 of the MP portion:

In all honesty, the lesser player won this time. Javier was more accurate tee to green and throwing darts for the most part. But a couple of unlucky close putts and an errant shot off the tee on #8 on his end and a couple of lucky eagle putts on both par 5s on my end decided the match in my favour. We shook hands on the 8th green with the 2&1 score. Thanks to my opponents for great company.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 5:09 AM

After a distinctly nondescript front nine, par on 10 and a very careless bogey on 11 I was thinking my run in the stroke play was done for this year.

But then for some totally inexplicable reason (more coffee????) I caught fire and played the last 6 holes in 8 under, including making that putt from well below the slope for eagle on 14.

So very happily posting a 57 for my trip around St.Georges.

SCORE HISTORY

DATECOURSEHOLESTIERSCORE
    09.13.20 Royal St George's Full 18 Champion 57
  • gorilamike
    220 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 7:31 AM

SCORE HISTORY

DATECOURSEHOLESTIERSCORE
    09.13.20 Royal St George's Full 18 Tour Champion

Early day round - too much coffee and not enough beer. I prefer quick-shootin' and a sure-hand to being analytical, clear-eyed & shaky. It's like a whole new game. Hope it's enough...
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 11:03 AM

Thomas and i played our MP game today. Dennis of course jumped right in and beccame involved immediately lol. We get the game all set up and hit the go tab, then all heck breaks loose and Thomas ended up in a wole other game all by himself somewhere lol, we're not exactly sure where he was sent. So we managed a complete restart and actually got to play some golf. 

Of course we recieved the fugly pin on hole one, Thomas was very unlucky while I made the bird to get one up. We halved two and three for a one up lead for me. Had a terrible wind direction on four and Thomas had a big non member bounce unfortunately. We think Dennis actually foot wedged his ball over about six yards! I managed a gimmee too just inside three feet. Five wasn't much better with an 11 tail to ten oclock, I managed another just at three feet and his bounced hard. 

Fortunately for me, I went three up after five. We finished on seven with a three and two win for Blue. Thomas is a class act folks and a great player, unfortunately he didn't deserve what the course gave him! 

13 Sep
    claremoreblue defeated newcastleb in a 9 hole match play game on KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE.
  • Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 1:18 PM

Royal St George's Full 18 Tour Champion 58
RSS