Forums

Help › Forums

2020 Andyson Tournament Scores/Info Here

Mon, May 10 2021 4:01 PM (301 replies)
  • dacrash
    465 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 2:04 PM

Well I tried, but could only get to a 63 at Kiawah Island.  Doesn't look like I will make the cut, so thank you very much for keeping this tournament going and doing such a great job of organizing.

Thank everyone for the game.

Dacrash

Don

• xz05fm
    2,353 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 6:00 PM

Hope I'm not too late!

09.08.20 Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course Full 18 Champion 59

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 6:05 PM

Just had a very fun match with Scott (SamSpayed) on the forked-tongue switchback greens of Kiawah.

It was a good close game with never more than one hole in it, and inevitably enough it was all decided on the greens. Highlight shot of the round was Scott's pitch-in birdie on the par 3 5th, just when I thought I had him on the ropes.

Scott was unlucky with a couple of putts that chicaned past the hole when they should have dropped, the final example of which was on the last hole, which he needed to sink to take the game to extras. That's how close the match was.

Thanks Scott, you're a class player and great company. Next time and elsewhere you'll knock me down into the orchestra pit, but on this occasion Wutpa wins 1 Up.

Nigel.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 10:17 PM

Pleasure playing with you, Nigel.  I think that chill we felt in the air on #8 and #9 was my putter going cold.  Still, a very enjoyable match.  Good luck to you the rest of the tournament.

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 10:38 PM

Foooze 1UP vs DufferJohn7 on first extra hole

I got an early lead that was answered. We went back and forth for 5 holes and John went 1 UP on the 6th and held the lead to 9 after we made a mess of No. 8 trading bogeys. John's birdie try on 9 came up just short and I made my bird to go to extra holes. 

John had an unlucky non-break on the first extra hole and I made my bird for the win. A match that could have easily went the other way. But a very fun game and a very nice opponent. 

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 12:23 AM

had a crack on the new version, no idea how to read the greens

heres to Denis

woohoo

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 4:27 AM

played chris (amateur4sure) last night,nothing in the game backwards and forward and went down the 9th all square,chris slotted in his birdie putt to take the win

great company and plenty of chit chat all the way round,played in the spirit this comp was introduced for ,more fun than deadly sreious.

good luck chris in going forward in the comp and hopefully hit you up on the fairways at a later date

thanks bill for all your hard work and endeavour in putting this tourney on once again,see you next year hopefully

cheers      mark.

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 5:32 AM

That's me done for the strokeplay ! Doh...

09.08.20 Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course Full 18 Legend

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 9:18 AM

Tip of the Duffer's cap to Eric (Foooze) for a fun match. He was kind about that last putt. Not onlt did it not break but was about 2 feet short!

A good match in honor of Andyson. Always good to meet new people.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 10:31 AM

seems you missed this one...prob because his post are moderated

gorilamike:

gorilamike:

09.03.20 Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course Full 18 Tour Champion 58

RSS