Fringe Flop Shot Question

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 19 2020 4:16 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BPeterson8256
    1,242 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:18 AM

Babzilla33:

Another thing to keep in mind is the 60W has less loft than the 64W. This can account for an increase in distance but also a decrease in bite, as such hitting from the fringe translates to hitting more ball than grass. 

Cheers,

BABZ 

Ya, I actually use my 60 degree flop just enough to know how it normally plays, and I expect to hit it tight with that shot every time. That is why I was so surprised that it took off from me. Although it only went 2 yards long, I felt it was more like 4 yards long for those conditions. (28 yard "carry" 3' uphill and into a 7-9 breeze with full backspin) I can't ever remember playing a flop from the fringe before though. And I doubt I ever will again. 😂🤣

• Mythanatos
    1,625 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:22 AM

just a random add on about flops from fringe. 

if you're in fringe, and hitting into a 25-30 mph headwind on tournament and above greens. DO NOT USE FBS... unless you really want your golf ball to come back and see you.

• callaghan159
    4,643 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 4:36 PM

When on the fringe I always pitch. Hardly ever flop or punch during a game but I do a lot of praying and cursing. 

• Babzilla33
    73 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 6:51 PM

BPeterson8256:

Ya, I actually use my 60 degree flop just enough to know how it normally plays, and I expect to hit it tight with that shot every time. That is why I was so surprised that it took off from me. Although it only went 2 yards long, I felt it was more like 4 yards long for those conditions. (28 yard "carry" 3' uphill and into a 7-9 breeze with full backspin) I can't ever remember playing a flop from the fringe before though. And I doubt I ever will again. 😂🤣

A little too much muscle Brett. Gotta lay off the shake-weight exercises man 😁

• DakotaDog61
    108 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 7:08 AM

Backspin. I find from years of playing here, if I hit a 20yd flop from the fringe with full bs, it will usually, stop 1yd from the hole, on a dime. Most times. Also, you have to hit the flop ding, not the regular ding. (The line to the left of the ding)

• Flatearth777
    170 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 4:16 PM

How do i make flop go straight after landing is my question

• PAGES
RSS