Forums

Help › Forums

showdown fail

Mon, Feb 15 2021 3:10 PM (33 replies)
  • AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 10:12 AM

Mythanatos:

Not really sure how many times i've typed this but this will be one more.

1) Never back out of a showdown round once you click the play button. You can use a second device to kickstart the round if it's spinning and not loading without a penalty.

2)if someone forfeits to you and you can keep playing then great finish it out.

3) if someone forfeits to you and the retry/cancel screen locks on your screen then NEVER hit cancel. your solution here is to hard close the app and reboot. you will have to make up those three holes. the game will treat them as not being played. but you won't get any bogeys. if you hit cancel you will get the three bogeys.

4) the only risk to actually getting screwed is if someone forfetis or exits out on the teebox before any shots are hit. however this has happened once to me a couple showdowns ago and i was able to continue so that one may have been fixed.

99% of the bogey glitches are due to 1 above. you backed out because you were impatient. never back out .and never hit cancel

Regarding #3, I remember someone saying that contrary to logic, hitting the "retry" is the kiss of death, while hitting "cancel" lets you continue. So I followed that advice on 2 occasions, when this happened, hit cancel and was allowed to finish the round on my own, with the score counting normally both times. Might've been luck though, who knows. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 7:00 AM

i had someone quit on the first tee box again without either of us playing a shot and was able to continue solo no problem. 

That's twice that's happened recently without freezing. could be just good fortune.

• Dvanthroe
    6 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 11:12 AM

The same happened for me today in the current showdown. My opponent disconnected and forfeited before hitting a single shot. I was able to play the three holes alone. But after the third hole my scorecard showed three bogeys for holes 1-3 and my real score for holes 4-6. 

• autoswing
    172 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2021 3:10 PM

The irony is how much quicker , faster and better it is when you can just play the 3 holes without interruption. Why can't they make that the default format !!

RSS