Forums

Help › Forums

showdown fail

Mon, Feb 15 2021 3:10 PM (33 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 9:38 AM

mikegooner0:
    didnt even attempt to play the 3 holes..
    This happened also to one of my members....who had very much been in the running for a high prize til it happened. . . which is hardly ameliorated by just getting entry fee returned.  So dejected and with some ESL barriers, she did not even try for refund.  Just probably won’t play again, like you.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 11:10 AM

ostfriedel:

Moin Mico

At the bottom of this side I click on "contact". Then on "customer service".

- Friedel -

Use   Members@worldgolftour.com in an EMail

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 12:01 AM

Refund my entry fee was what they did to me too. The bad news (but dont get me wrong: Thanks for your comments on this, it is exactly what I wanted to know) is, that the problem exists for longer. Again: I hope they will fix it. Because the showdowns are fun and a good way to win some balls. But it is wishfull that all runs correctly. Had that issue one time now. That is exaptable. But periodic would be too much.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 6:53 AM

ostfriedel:

Refund my entry fee was what they did to me too. The bad news (but dont get me wrong: Thanks for your comments on this, it is exactly what I wanted to know) is, that the problem exists for longer. Again: I hope they will fix it. Because the showdowns are fun and a good way to win some balls. But it is wishfull that all runs correctly. Had that issue one time now. That is exaptable. But periodic would be too much.

Showdowns are a great idea, but the glitches ruin it.

• MarshallMatlock
    27 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 8:50 PM

ostfriedel:
    Here is my question: Has anyone of you had the same problem?

FYI, this bug still exists.  I just had a guy forfeit on me on hole 3 of the County Fair Showdown and it carded 3 Bogeys for me and took me out of the running.  That's a real demotivating factor to play in these.  Come on WGT, fix this.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 10:05 PM
    I wonder why this is affecting some players and not others. I had a guy forfeit on the first hole this morning and I was able to finish the three holes. Must have been lucky.
  • MICOLEECO
    5 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 10:22 PM

It has happened to me twice on 2 different showdowns

I contacted support several times - via email, through the troubleshooting link on this page and through the general help link. I have not even received a response and no refund of entry fee.

Support is a disgrace

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 10:31 PM

I got a bogey as well.

Showdown scores completely rely on oppos kind n sportive heart!!!! 

Ty WGT. Without you, this wouldn't have been possible.

• TsunamiSaint
    885 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 3:59 AM

I sent this to WGTChampion,

This is what just happened in the Showdown.

I started the Showdown Final through steam.

I played the first 3 holes at Oakmont and got birdie,birdie,birdie. I noticed that when I started the second round I was playing holes 7.8.9. I got birdie, par,par.

When I checked the scorecard after what I thought was the second round, I saw that I had received bogey,bogey,bogey for holes 1.2.3 which I didn't enter or play?

A similar thing happened to me in an earlier showdown when another player forfeited but at least that time I entered and played.

Why can't we get a definitive answer on this. And how come It is always the player that is at fault? And usually the player that does the right thing?

• Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 5:21 AM

Similar thing happened to me. I was -4 at the end of my second set. I picked up 3 birds in the third set and when it tallied my score, instead of being at -7, I was -4.At this point, I just gave it up as a lost cause. For me, these Showdowns are more like playing a game of dodge ball hoping to avoid the glitches. I've played five Showdowns so far and in each, I have experienced some sort of glitch that has cost me. Why waste my time and money. I'm finished with Showdowns.

RSS