Forums

Help › Forums

showdown fail

Mon, Feb 15 2021 3:10 PM (33 replies)
  • ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2020 11:27 AM

Moin moin

I just played 9 of the 18 holes of the Aloha showdown. Result is 7 under par. I had one eagle, five birdies, three pars. But now my scorecard shows 12 holes played, result 4 under par. There is added one round of three holes that are three bogeys. I never played that added 3-bogey-round. I also did not start and left a round. I do not lie or trick to get something. Also I am not a complainer. Everybody fails sometimes and every game has this or that bug. And that is okay. But this one is realy expensive. Unfortunately for me.

Here is my question: Has anyone of you had the same problem?

I wrote to customer support. Hope they answer soon. But I dont think so, it is weekend.

I dont write often here, so please no rude answers. What I write is the naked truth.

- Friedel -

• JohnB1201
    2 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2020 12:38 PM

Yes, I had the same problem the last showdown.

If you enter the showdown and hit the PLAY button and then CANCEL, it assumes you played and because there is no real score it gives you a bogey for 1 hole.

I did this three times and received 3 bogies

• Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 3:13 AM

this has been a known bug in Showdown for quite some time , if you cancel while waiting for a pairing you get 3 bogeys for the round you never started .

The bug has not been fixed so the players should we warned of this situation.

In this showdown i have a new bug when the opponent cancels , it gives an oops with the options cancel and retry . I pressed retry any times to no effect , i was reluctant to press cancel because of the fear of the 3 bogeys . When i came back the 3 holes had been erased with no score.

It happened twice in the elimination round costing me strokes. I started the final round today at Wolf and was at -3 after eagle/birdie with a birdie putt on the last hole when the bug came back and wiped my score . I have to start over at Wolf and hope i will be as successful as the first time on the wolf 3 holes..

PS: this happened on the mobile version of WGT played on an Ipad

Really annoying

• MICOLEECO
    5 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 6:30 AM

I just had the same problem when my opponent forfeited. I was given 3 bogeys for the round. 

The same thing happened during the last event I played - The Out of This World Showdown. I contacted Support via email and they did not respond, even when I sent a follow up email. 

I think it's disgusting that Support has just ignored this problem, and not even responded. What makes it even more annoying is the fact that this event has a buy in that costs credits that I paid for with real money. Not to mention the amount of time I have spent to get to the final round. 

Show some respect to your players, WGT Support. If it wasn't for us paying to play this game, you would all be out of a job.

• AlaskanDame
    18,843 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 10:01 AM

The things in this thread are why I won’t play higher than rookie section in a Showdown.  I’m a Champion in the PC Flash version, and I only play on my iPad in the Montreal room to help in Turf wars (though it is small help as I usually only win 2 of 4 —- but it shows support for my mobile-only members so I do it), so I really am mostly a rookie when it comes to playing mobile, but I would try “veteran” if it weren’t for these glitches.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 1:15 PM

Well, let us all hope that WGT will soon fix this problem. Customer service has answered me. They also ever did before when I wrote them. So that works well. QA team will look in it deeper now, and that are good news so far. While I won a lot of balls and credits in the showdown before I dont want to be greedy. It is like it is and it is not a big story. So for me counts to look forward. Have fun playing the game and take care for yourselfs in this rough pandemic times everyone.  - Friedel -

• MICOLEECO
    5 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2020 4:32 PM

Hi ostfriedel

How do you contact customer service? They have not answered me at all. I have used the troubleshooting link on this page and have also sent emails to members@wgt.com + members@worldgolftour.com. Nobody responds to me

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 12:29 AM

Moin Mico

At the bottom of this side I click on "contact". Then on "customer service".

- Friedel -

• MICOLEECO
    5 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 4:13 AM

yes that is the same help box that I used when I clicked on the troubleshooting link on this page

• mikegooner0
    13,838 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 8:55 AM

going back to the original post..i had the same thing happen to me in the last showdown  = 3 bogey's and didnt even attempt to play the 3 holes....contacted CS and got nothing helpfull what so ever all they did was refund my entry fee.....but they kind of missed the point....thus im never playing showdowns again until all their glitches are fixed.....so there is a good chance i wont ever play showdowns again...:-)

RSS