Forums

Help › Forums

PM no need to friend first ?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 13 2020 7:30 PM (7 replies)
  • pdb1
    20,991 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 4:46 PM

This is a first for me . Ever since I was a CC owner . I was used to various multi media and messaging glitches . Many of them . Meaning I had less options than others . Or less than I should .

So yesterday I received a PM from one of the " TRAILBLAZERS " . Thanking me for the trophy . I thought . I didn't know I knew this person . I looked through my friend list . Nope not there .

I clicked on to their profile . All it had was

What ? So how the hell did they PM me ?So I messaged back .

" pdb1 wrote:

I'm curious . How were you able to PM me ? Have we met before ? Don't see you on my friends list . But would like to .

" they wrote:

I believe I just went to your profile page and was able to send you a message?? Yes that is curious...

"*"*"*"*"*"*

Like I said . This is a first for me . Although I am not able to do the same . I am not complaining . I think it is nice not to have to friend to PM message me .

Has this happened to others ?

• pdb1
    20,991 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2020 7:32 AM

Another case in point . Gary confirms he sees the full message block with the ability to message me on my profile .

borntobesting:

el3n1:

I actually wonder if this is a feature or option granted to Owners and / or Directors that regular members may not have.

I believe it would explain things.  

Maybe an option or feature for CC owners but not for directors, I don't have it. 

No chance gentlemen . Improving the current multi media system is the furthest thing from their minds .

Most of the members responding and confirming this are not owners or directors .

This is my second response since borntobesting's .

As I impatiently wait for my moderated post . I want to remind you all of the mess the multi media and messaging system on this site is . The millions of dead , abandoned , false , duplicate , multiple , unmaintained accounts . Kept to show the world their massive user list .The data mess there is beyond correcting . It is so corrupt we are lucky to be able to message at all .

Just going over the 1 byte 256 limit by 2 or 5 friends can completely disrupt the messaging functions . I was one who ignored the warnings and exceeded the limit by hundreds . When I finally reduced it . When I became a CC owner . Which I am no longer . It only barely helped . My account was permanently corrupt . Could not group message ( add recipients to a message ). Could not message to all .Other owner permissions affected as well .

According to member services these were common owner glitches that they had been aware of for years . Likely our accounts were permanently corrupted .

I didn't believe them then that they took it seriously . Just like I do not believe that now they have modified the owners or owners / directors accounts in this or any way .

el3n1:
    Could be something in settings or permissions allowed by owners for directors.

It is not . Nor ever has been an option in the permissions to enable messaging without friending .

As I said . Regular members are able to message me .

It is a glitch .

JDGHOST:
    I checked other non friends to see but its only you?....You must be pretty darn important !! 😜

Yes . That's it . Lol . Except I am not able to do it in return .

You all obviously aren't going to give any credence to what I have said . And continue to defend the infallible WGT as though this was done intentionally . I probably have the old member services responses that admit they have no clue about how to fix the messaging glitches .

Support (WGT)

Fri, Jun 12, 2015, 12:21 PM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us at WGT. We cannot provide you with a solution as we do not have an estimate on when this will be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. Once there is a resolution we shall contact you.

Regards,
    WGT Member Services

pdb1

What is the status of this " email all members ".
    I am getting zero responses . I now have PM's with all members . I do not believe that forum posts reach many . Am still at a loss to try to find a way to contact my CC . After years of emailing or posting on walls individually .( Which isn't working either ) . I do not understand what about this you don't find as a priority . With the high turn over of CC ownership because of issues like this and the fact that you refuse to add even 1 more admin permission to the CC's . It's a wonder the CC program is working at all . I'm just saying . Please help .

^<^<^<^<^<^<^<

It has now been 5 hours since I first replied to borntobesting . I was at Walmart for 2 of those hours . Came back and still no posts . Wonder what the mods do all day . Bong hits ?

edited by:pdb1 at 4:55 PM (GMT -8) on 13 Aug 2020

• el3n1
    3,510 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2020 8:39 AM

I actually wonder if this is a feature or option granted to Owners and / or Directors that regular members may not have.

• pdb1
    20,991 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2020 8:54 AM

el3n1:

No it is not . When I was an owner . I had many features not available to me . I was told by member services for years that these were problems with some CC owners profiles . And they were working on it . For years .

it took 9 hours for this post to show

• borntobesting
    8,991 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2020 11:54 AM

el3n1:

Maybe an option or feature for CC owners but not for directors, I don't have it. 

• JDGHOST
    4,374 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2020 12:45 PM

It seems I can message you also even tho your NOT on my friends list? I can tell you I am a CC owner? 

I checked other non friends to see but its only you?....You must be pretty darn important !! 😜

JD

• el3n1
    3,510 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2020 2:22 PM

borntobesting:

Could be something in settings or permissions allowed by owners for directors.

While I have not been a permanent director, I was temporarily asked to stand in for a director during some Clashes when available and it does present me with that option when I visited his profile page.  -- Yet it is not consistent with all players... so something is odd about it.

There may be other factors but I believe I noticed Gary was also a director when I checked to see if that was a common factor.  Not saying it is the only factor.

• pdb1
    20,991 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2020 7:30 PM

It is not a factor . Please read my edits above .

if they ever post this

RSS