Help › Forums

Putter Input

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 1 2021 9:11 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Veraps
    240 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 11:15 AM

I love these forums for seeking input and advice into equipment, game tips, etc.  They have been extremely helpful to me.

Seeking putter advice.  

I'm about to hit L70 and could purchase the Scotty Cameron putter which has good feedback.  I currently have the TM L35 Spider which does okay for me.  

The L70 isn't cheap at 2500 and the improvements to my current are .5 in Precision, .5 in Foregiveness, and 1.5 in Balance.  

My question is - do you feel it's really worth the upgrade?  (recognizing that there is so much more into good putting than the equipment.  

I'll pull the trigger if i feel it will make an impact but I'm skeptical.

Thanks!

Kyle 

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 4:50 PM

My experience with the L70 (with a different name) was excellent!

You won't need another putter until at least L96 or L98.

But, I'm not a real good putter, so take my advice with a big grain of salt.

Have fun and hit em straight,

John

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 4:57 PM

Veraps:
    My question is - do you feel it's really worth the upgrade?

I do for the simple fact that you pick up a massive 1.5 points in the balance. Balance in a putter is what keeps it from wandering off line so that alone is going to improve your putting.

I would look at the 98 Cameron for the future and having the lower version now is not only going to improve your putting, it will set you up for when you get to 98 and the better version. Meanwhile, you're canning putts like no tomorrow.  ;-)

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 5:30 PM

@Veraps

In my opinion, it's absolutely worth the upgrade. I guarantee it.

Literally, I guarantee you'll love the putter. If you purchase it, and end up thinking it wasn't worth it (after a month of using it), post something to my wall. I'll gift you any other putter or club you want of equal value (at your level of course). 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 5:40 PM

Robert1893:

@Veraps

In my opinion, it's absolutely worth the upgrade. I guarantee it.

Literally, I guarantee you'll love the putter. If you purchase it, and end up thinking it wasn't worth it (after a month of using it), post something to my wall. I'll gift you any other putter or club you want of equal value (at your level of course). 

Wow! Now THIS is satisfaction guaranteed! 😃

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 5:42 PM

😀

• Veraps
    240 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 7:46 PM
    Thanks fellas, I’m sold! Seems the consensus is that it is a great putter at this level. Robert, what a generous offer! :). Should cross the L70 threshold tomorrow and am excited to give it a try. Then looking forward to the TM driver at 74. Always something to look forward tonin this game! Thanks guys for the insight.
  • Markofteja
    251 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 5:17 AM

Veraps:
    Thanks fellas, I’m sold! Seems the consensus is that it is a great putter at this level. Robert, what a generous offer! :). Should cross the L70 threshold tomorrow and am excited to give it a try. Then looking forward to the TM driver at 74. Always something to look forward tonin this game! Thanks guys for the insight.

Any feedback on how this went for you? I am looking at grabbing this myself.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 8:01 AM

Markofteja:
    Any feedback on how this went for you? I am looking at grabbing this myself.

the level 70 is the second best putter in the game and the level 98 is a marginal upgrade.  one could argue that could never upgrade after that and be ok.

(im not counting the golden putter)

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 8:14 AM

• PAGES
RSS