Forums

Help › Forums

SEL v Wgt Amigos Shovlovin memorial

Wed, Sep 2 2020 3:06 PM (36 replies)
  • mingos01
    3,365 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2020 1:29 PM

Sparks said everything...but i must say that he is an excelent boy and player...ver happy playing this morning...i didn t know Shov...but i think he was...he is a rockstar wgt. E1 love him...and me too!!!!

My cup of wine for Shov..SEL and AMIGOS.

Cheers!!!

🥂

Luis

• MajorHooks
    9 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2020 11:14 PM

I had a great game with John (JJenkins8813) Saturday (thanks for updating with the score, Viv :-)). 

We got Oakmont B9 in mod wind and 12 speed greens. I came off to a flying start with 5 straight birds, winning #10 and #14 to go 2 up. John then responded with a very solid bird on #15 where I missed the green. On #16 I hit it to within 5 feet and had the chance to go 2 up agin - but then the Oakmont greens got the better of me - or rather I made  a very poor put that didn't even threaten the hole. On #17 John had a short put to halve the hole and take the match onto the 9th. But John also got to feel the wrath of the Oakmont greens as his put lipped out. End of match 2&1.

Was great fun. Thanks for the gane, John. And thanks to Viv and Pip for setting this up. Especially to us mobile players it is great to seem some real head to head action once in a while :-)

Cheers, Ronnie

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 11:19 AM

Great to meet up with an ol mate Harry3Putt again.

Solid play with those rocks mate. Also a brilliant hole out from 100y by him on the 7th to keep the match going. Nico wins 2&1.

See you soon again.

Tx to the organiser for putting this on. Great tribute to a well loved man.

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 12:46 PM

Apologies everyone, been away for a couple of days to celebrate my 30th birthday, will update everything tomorrow

Pip

• onekeano
    4,011 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 1:13 PM

had the pleasure of meeting fellow united supporter, on sunday, (alas united through it away)

good banter, macth ok, few iffy putts for macca, cost him 

win for sellers 2and1

dave

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 1:57 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH PIP LMFAO LOVE IT, I`ve GOT TRAINERS OLDER THAN YOU ahem

Hope you enjoyed your ahem 30th Birthday Broski hehe

• LLLlloyd88
    176 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 5:06 PM

hsgkyehdn716 defeats LLLlloyd88 3 up

Got home late, sorry to keep you waiting. But then I made up for it by having a terrible round.

• harry3putt1
    1,167 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 1:23 AM

Have known Nico a long time and never beaten him.

He is a class act and a great guy.

Well today was no different. He again showed me how to putt.

Lost 2 down.

Really enjoyed the game with a very nice guy.

This is a very worthy get together of two CC's that are very close due to our past Leader. Shov is proud to know that WE AMIGOS & SEL  carry on the tradition that he laid down for us. I will drink a toast to my beloved friend that smiles down on this CC every day.

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 1:45 AM

Do you mean 30th year or decade birthday?

• vivian1234
    3,899 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 12:25 PM

Just played my match with Ken  (  KenBTEXAS ). A real gentleman and a great player . 

I lost 2 down but gained a new friend and that matters the most ! .

Thank you Ken for a great time , Pip and all SEL members for joining and honoring Shov !

Good luck to the remaining players .

Cheers,

Viv xx

RSS