Forums

Help › Forums

Abilities explained... Please???

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 7 2020 4:19 PM (7 replies)
  • Scorpius
    19 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 7:36 AM

Is there SOMEPLACE, anywhere, where the abilities are OFFICIALLY explained?  What I mean is this:

Rough Surface Power: This means if in X this number represents +/- Y. 

For example:  Rough Surface Power:  If a golfer is in the rough and you have +10 rough surface power on a apparel item then that translates into +10% chance to hit a cleaner shot out of the rough.

Something like that.  Now the above is just an example but hopefully you get what I mean.  Someplace where ALL the "abilities" are explained OFFICIALLY.

Thanks

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 8:10 AM

I don't know the exact number but it's close that every 10 points is a 0.9% improvement in the stat. so every point would be around 0.09%

Rough surface power isn't a % chance either it means that with enough bonus in that category you can turn 40/50 into 30/40 and 20/25 into fairway

• Scorpius
    19 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 8:36 AM

Ok I understand that but what I really want to know is if there is anywhere ALL these bonuses are explained?  OFFICIALLY by WTG/Topgolf?  A page that lists all the potential bonuses and what they mean.  That's what I'm really after.  What I stated above was a half-arsed way of explaining what I was looking for.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 8:58 AM

no. 

• Scorpius
    19 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 9:09 AM

OK, that's unfortunate but it explains why I couldn't find any explanations.  It's a bit ridiculous to implement all these bonuses without so much as a brief explanation as to what they are and how they affect the game.  I don't expect a long detailed description of these abilities but none at all makes no sense.  At least in my opinion.  Thanks anyway Mythanatos for the help mate.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 10:50 AM

trial and error.

learn by observation is about the only thing i can say.

the big driver goes from 291 listed to 312. But it really averages in at around 325 with a crosswind.  (with my golf balls)

iron spin starts to take yardage off the golf ball so either have to adjust yardages or adjust the amount of spin you add.

driver and 3W distance are the most useful (IMO) 

Any putting stat is hard to actually quantify. The numbers change but to be honest i don't think they actually have any actual effect on how many makes or misses i have.

Sandpower. I have no need for more power

Wedge distance- i like my wedge distances just fine. 

iron distance- changes all my irons and puts a big gap between 9iron and PW... 

So while not horrible it's not something i like.

anything hybrid is only useful for people below 75 and still iffy even then.

rough power sometimes handy but it changes numbers.. situationally beneficial.

Brush power- rarely even needed except for a few CTTH shots.

so to sum up... SE hat... MAX shirt.. everything else is fairly worthless to problematical except maybe 3W spin. so the rest of the slots usually go to coin bonuses.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 11:07 AM

Scorpius:

Ok I understand that but what I really want to know is if there is anywhere ALL these bonuses are explained?  OFFICIALLY by WTG/Topgolf?  A page that lists all the potential bonuses and what they mean.  That's what I'm really after.  What I stated above was a half-arsed way of explaining what I was looking for.

These things and a number of others seem to be BIG Secrets in WGT land.  Wgt doesn't like to explain much, we as members have to guess or figure things out our self.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2020 4:19 PM

garyk49:

Scorpius:

These things and a number of others seem to be BIG Secrets in WGT land.  Wgt doesn't like to explain much, we as members have to guess or figure things out our self.

And I might add that they all do a great job. 

RSS