Forums

Help › Forums

No search bar

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 27 2020 8:42 PM (40 replies)
  • BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2020 9:41 AM

Well, now it is happening again and the things we discussed here are not working. :( and I really needed to find something quick this morning. Oh well, just chalk it up to one more thing that doesn’t work on mobile. 

edit: wow, okay, after waiting all day to be approved for another response, this is what I learned. When the browser has the banner at the top for the wgt app, it causes the right side to go away.  I x’d out the banner and made the letters small and it appeared again.

I’ll just keep trying the multitude of things you have given me in working around this little weird thing happening.  

• ScottHope
    10,017 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2020 12:49 AM

It's not a case of 'doesn't work on mobile'. The code behind it is just configured to hide it when the device/browser width is less than 760 pixels.

I won't pretend that I fully understand how this all works, but by making the text smaller you could equate that to zooming out and effectively making the width greater than 760 pixels, causing the code to make the sidebar reappear.

You can always do a normal Google search to find stuff on WGT. But to limit the search to this site, you need to specify this site, e.g., type this into Google to search for 'putting' on wgt.com.

putting site:wgt.com

If you want to search for a specific phrase, put it in quotes...

"putting tips" site:wgt.com

There are quite a few tricks to efficient Google searching. For example if you want to search for 'golf' but not the car, you just type into Google... golf -car

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2020 4:36 AM

Hi

When I login in via mobile browser, everything looks fine just like in desk or lap. But I have to put under "Desktop view". If I turn it off n go under mobile basic format, the search bar n everything on the right side is missing. 

I like this desktop view though. By the way, iam using Google chrome on mobile. That's what Wgt reccomends n always clear cache LoooooL

- Carl 

• ScottHope
    10,017 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2020 4:56 AM

How wide is your mobile device Carl?

If you zoom in on desktop view does the sidebar disappear?

If you zoom out on mobile basic format does the sidebar appear?

Do any of your views, mobile/desktop look like any of these Carl?

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2020 5:25 AM

Hi Scott

Some new infos here.

Desktop view On

I have everything like in PC or Desk ( Search bar etc)

Desktop view off

I do not have search bar n everything on right hand side is missing.

Desktop view off

Now i go to Settings-> Accessibility-> n i tick Force Enable Zoom.

Now after refreshing, everything is back to normal like PC or Desk with search bar etc.

Desktop view On

Settings-> Accessibility-> n i tick Force Enable Zoom

I have everything like in PC or Desk ( Search bar etc)

So i guess, Force Enable Zoom will override some of the WGT website settings n brings it back to normal.

Regarding the size of my mobile:

5.2-inch IPS LCD, 1920 x 1080 pixels (424 ppi), 67.1% screen-to-body ratio.

- Carl 

• ScottHope
    10,017 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2020 5:31 AM

Thanks Carl.  ; )

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2020 5:44 AM

Yes, the screenshot looks like the same. :)

No probs :) :) 

- Carl

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2020 12:20 PM

ScottHope:

It's not a case of 'doesn't work on mobile'. The code behind it is just configured to hide it when the device/browser width is less than 760 pixels.

ScottHope,

you are correct and my statement was silly, doesn’t work on mobile. Thank you for clarifying the whole situation (I’m not being sarcastic).  I still have issues with how it appears sometimes and have to switch things and mess around which I wouldn’t have known or thought of doing any of those things if you or Robert or MarchieB hadn’t responded. 

thanks, and I’ll try to keep my trivial comments to a minimum :)

BWerthy 

• ScottHope
    10,017 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 9:44 PM

I understand your frustration BW. It doesn't make any sense why WGT have made the sidebar disappear at a certain width. As Marchie said, the space behind the sidebar is still there when it disappears so why not just leave it visible.

• ScottHope
    10,017 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 4:17 PM

The media query (style parameter) which caused the sidebar to disappear under certain circumstances, appears to have been removed from the stylesheet associated with this issue. Therefore it no longer occurs.

Result.

RSS