Forums

Help › Forums

$Better WGT bottom line$

Mon, Aug 3 2020 9:52 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nerve60
    285 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 12:19 PM

Im hoping someone at WGT see's this and realizes this idea will "increase profits" for WGT.

I have seen countless threads here about buying balls mid round. When you have 1 hit left on a ball you have the option of buying more. However, and this happens many times per day across WGT, a player may not realize, or simply be in the habit of disregarding the message, that this is his last ball of this brand.

Doesnt it make sense, when one runs out of the ball he was using mid round, he is given the option before the rounds proceeds to buy the same sleeve of balls he was playing with on his last shot?

The "extra" profit Im referring to is allowing the player to purchase the sleeve INSTEAD of finishing the round with a "free" WGT ball. For the remainder of that round the player will be using up hits on this ball he just purchased thus decreasing the amount of time before purchase of a new sleeve.

It just makes sense to increase profit to allow the game to thrive.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 1:43 PM

Why do you believe players wouldn't simply get in the habit of also disregarding that message? 

Why would that message continue to be effective while the message to purchase on the last hit (apparently) has become ineffective? 

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 1:53 PM

I don't know if you are a mobile player or not. When I get down to last ball left in a sleeve I get a notification then I purchase another sleeve. Why would you wait until your last hit ?

The issue I have is why can't I use balls from my own inventory when I run out ?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 3:06 PM

nerve60:

Im hoping someone at WGT see's this and realizes this idea will "increase profits" for WGT.

I have seen countless threads here about buying balls mid round. When you have 1 hit left on a ball you have the option of buying more. However, and this happens many times per day across WGT, a player may not realize, or simply be in the habit of disregarding the message, that this is his last ball of this brand.

Doesnt it make sense, when one runs out of the ball he was using mid round, he is given the option before the rounds proceeds to buy the same sleeve of balls he was playing with on his last shot?

The "extra" profit Im referring to is allowing the player to purchase the sleeve INSTEAD of finishing the round with a "free" WGT ball. For the remainder of that round the player will be using up hits on this ball he just purchased thus decreasing the amount of time before purchase of a new sleeve.

It just makes sense to increase profit to allow the game to thrive.

When I get down to 2 Balls, I buy more. I play a lot of single Play tournaments and it would be dumb of me to run out and have to play with the Rock.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 6:03 PM

I think they should sell "temper tantrums" for like 50 credits a pop. Give you the ability to snap your fookin club in half over your knee but not lose it permanently.  :-)

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 9:38 PM

You guys are missing the point. We can make excuses all day or whine about the game. I guess my post addresses 2 different aspects of play. One for the player (ability to buy mid round if you run out) and One in WGT's favor, by allowing purchase they will sell this player more balls sooner. Maybe, in my mind I view this as a Win/Win for both Player/WGT..

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2020 4:53 AM

nerve60:

You guys are missing the point. We can make excuses all day or whine about the game. I guess my post addresses 2 different aspects of play. One for the player (ability to buy mid round if you run out) and One in WGT's favor, by allowing purchase they will sell this player more balls sooner. Maybe, in my mind I view this as a Win/Win for both Player/WGT..

I don't see why they can't do that. Both players have the same option.

I like Twinponds idea also, we need a temper tantrum option🤣

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2020 5:07 AM

bypass07:

The issue I have is why can't I use balls from my own inventory when I run out ?

I agree. This should  be a given option.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2020 6:39 AM

nerve60:

I don't know that anyone is missing your point.

Personally, I just don't think it will have the effect you believe it will have. Additionally, the first time someone accidentally clicks on purchase a sleeve, the player will be on here complaining that WGT is a money-grubbing company and note how many times WGT tries to sell players sleeves of ball. 

In my opinion, it's a solution in search of a problem. And, as an aside, people can understand a point being made and still disagree. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2020 12:16 PM

Since WGT's business model is NOT predicated on selling balls ( it is quite possible to play the game without ever spending MONEY) but rather advertising, they could care less about doing more programming to encourage players get replacement balls during a round.

Their motto is "Why  try to fix and thus potentially break, something that doesn't need fixing." And with WGT's programmers you just know what will happen. 

• PAGES
RSS