Help › Forums

PCEA to WGT Main Forum?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 2 2020 4:56 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JDGHOST
    6,764 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 6:19 AM

I guess I'm an idiot ...I was on the launcher (extremely rare) And I cant see an icon to get here (The Forum) I can access my CC forum (which BTW is counter productive) as it directs you back to wgt.com or the "Flash" version which of course everyone believes will be dead in 5 months ..So how is that gonna work? Anyway where can I find the "Main" forum access while on the launcher?

Thanks 

JD

• Ess3xGooner
    673 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 6:45 AM

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the only way to access the WGT forum from launcher (PCEA) at the moment, is via the route you describe. There is no direct access on PCEA.

Cheers 

Ken

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 8:09 AM

JDGHOST:

I guess I'm an idiot ...I was on the launcher (extremely rare) And I cant see an icon to get here (The Forum) I can access my CC forum (which BTW is counter productive) as it directs you back to wgt.com or the "Flash" version which of course everyone believes will be dead in 5 months ..So how is that gonna work? Anyway where can I find the "Main" forum access while on the launcher?

Thanks 

JD

JD, on either Steam or the launcher click Country Club> Club Forum and you will be re-directed. Thats your CC Forum. Then in the Black menu, click help and you will see Forums for this forum.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 8:12 AM

To get rid of the non flash version of the webpage, you have to log out and then back in.

• JDGHOST
    6,764 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 4:39 PM

Thanks Don and I get that... but that is still taking you into the forum thru wgt.com or where "Flash version"  is? Is there no actual wgt forum in the launcher game? Seems like a lot of rerouting into almost another site just to get to forum..😲

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 4:54 PM

JDGHOST:

Is there no actual wgt forum in the launcher game? Seems like a lot of rerouting into almost another site just to get to forum..😲

Currently, I believe you are correct. There is no forum associated with the launcher. It tells you in a popup you are being directed to WGT.COM, and also the forum does not require flash to be running.

That is why for all intensive purposes, the .com will always be around.  Try going to WGT home page using either Firefox or Chrome, don't allow flash to run and then select forum, you will get to it just fine.  You only need flash for the game itself.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 5:12 PM

JDGHOST:

Thanks Don and I get that... but that is still taking you into the forum thru wgt.com or where "Flash version"  is? Is there no actual wgt forum in the launcher game? Seems like a lot of rerouting into almost another site just to get to forum..😲

No only WGT.com

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 5:13 PM

garyk49:

JDGHOST:

Is there no actual wgt forum in the launcher game? Seems like a lot of rerouting into almost another site just to get to forum..😲

Currently, I believe you are correct. There is no forum associated with the launcher. It tells you in a popup you are being directed to WGT.COM, and also the forum does not require flash to be running.

That is why for all intensive purposes, the .com will always be around.  Try going to WGT home page using either Firefox or Chrome, don't allow flash to run and then select forum, you will get to it just fine.  You only need flash for the game itself.

You are correct as always Gary

• JDGHOST
    6,764 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 9:14 PM

Thanks guys !! Much appreciated... 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2020 4:49 AM

garyk49:

JDGHOST:

Actually, I'm glad the forums will remain. There is 12 years of great info on these forums.

I combed the forums everyday when I was new to learn how to shoot and putt.

That search box is invaluable 

• PAGES
RSS