Forums

Help › Forums

Update 7/30

Tue, Aug 4 2020 3:53 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 7:59 AM

Isn’t the green/grey button underneath shot pal a shortcut button? 

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 8:17 AM

i found this had same prob.. the tab key will change clubs and left shift will change shot selection and of course space bar for view change.. im using pc version btw

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 9:47 AM

borntobesting:

Isn’t the green/grey button underneath shot pal a shortcut button? 

This is an Update Thread for Desktop Early Access

• Britecrawl
    3 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 11:08 AM

Champ,

I downloaded the new version yesterday and played a little. I am an enthusiastic user of flash version and love the realistic look of our current game on Windows PC.

Here are a couple of thoughts from an old fart that really enjoys WGT:

1.  The new version looks too "video gamish".  The grounds, the look, the feel are much like a comic book

2.  The player icons look like you took a couple of steel-throwing high raise construction guys and fit them into golf clothes with hats that look like helmets.  I like the look of the icons on the old game but it would be good to have some older guys that we would like to emulate..characters that look like they play on Senior Tour

3.  where are the video cameras for reverse shots? I could only click on the back of the green to get a reverse angle.

4.  I think you have to add more courses and use the current look of WGT for the future. Cabo and Whistler are fun to play but they look too much like a contrived video game.  Pebble Beach is FABULOUS and I don't know why you cant do the same job on every course like that.

5.  My thoughts are constructive and friendly because I love the game at WGT and dont mind spending money on balls that disappear or clubs that make me feel better or any of that in making this a profit driven effort. But if you make the game look like crap and take the fun out of our imagination of being as good as we feel playing WGT, then many of us will leave and call it a day.  I dont want that to happen.  Just a thought! 

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 11:59 AM

Britecrawl:

Champ,

I downloaded the new version yesterday and played a little. I am an enthusiastic user of flash version and love the realistic look of our current game on Windows PC.

Here are a couple of thoughts from an old fart that really enjoys WGT:

1.  The new version looks too "video gamish".  The grounds, the look, the feel are much like a comic book

2.  The player icons look like you took a couple of steel-throwing high raise construction guys and fit them into golf clothes with hats that look like helmets.  I like the look of the icons on the old game but it would be good to have some older guys that we would like to emulate..characters that look like they play on Senior Tour

3.  where are the video cameras for reverse shots? I could only click on the back of the green to get a reverse angle.

4.  I think you have to add more courses and use the current look of WGT for the future. Cabo and Whistler are fun to play but they look too much like a contrived video game.  Pebble Beach is FABULOUS and I don't know why you cant do the same job on every course like that.

5.  My thoughts are constructive and friendly because I love the game at WGT and dont mind spending money on balls that disappear or clubs that make me feel better or any of that in making this a profit driven effort. But if you make the game look like crap and take the fun out of our imagination of being as good as we feel playing WGT, then many of us will leave and call it a day.  I dont want that to happen.  Just a thought! 

LOL, I 100% agree with you on #2. Since the beginning of PCEA all Male characters look like they have been taking Steroids for years! Want a tall lanky Male character or maybe a bearded dude? You wont find him on PCEA!

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2020 1:03 PM

twinponds169:
    who cares?

Amen.

If they mention fixing green dot speed and uneven lies in one of these, there might be a glimmer of hope. I've already made plans for my departure. There are other less annoying flaws, though.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2020 3:53 PM

JimbeauC:

If they mention fixing green dot speed and uneven lies in one of these, there might be a glimmer of hope. I've already made plans for my departure. There are other less annoying flaws, though.

+1

• PAGES
RSS