Forums

Help › Forums

2 monitor setup question please

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 30 2020 9:25 AM (7 replies)
  • bigjohndough
    65 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 7:19 PM

playing fullscreen on main #1 monitor- when clicking into screen 2 it minimizes the game, I looked into options on the game itself and it only gives 2 choices fullscreen or like 16x 1080 or something.... how can you still enjoy the benefits of fullscreen play without the minimizing every time you click on the other screen, please help tyvm  bjd

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 1:24 AM

If you have already seen and tried this John, then just ignore it.

I would take the game out of fullscreen, then try THIS.

If it doesn't work, then could you tell me what happens, as I don't have two monitors to try it for myself, thanks.

Scott.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 3:06 AM

Definitely do not use the Fullscreen option in EA.

I have a laptop and 1 external monitor.  I had to set the game up to run on the external monitor,  That allows me to use the laptop screen for anything else and it does not black out the game or vice versa when I switch screens.

I run that monitor at 1920x1080 - yours may be different.  That aspect ratio (16:9) cuts off part of the top of the view when playing - so it is not ideal.  The 4:3 aspect ratio (1024x768) shows all of the view - but does not use my full screen with.

BTW Scott - Up until recently I had to use the resizer every time I opened EA, but apparently that glitch has been fixed (probably while they were trying to do something else).

I hope this helps.  GL.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 4:16 AM

DoctorLarry:
    BTW Scott - Up until recently I had to use the resizer every time I opened EA, but apparently that glitch has been fixed (probably while they were trying to do something else).

Yup, I had noticed that Larry. I think it still doesn't relaunch exactly how I close it in every scenario, but I mess about so much I lose track, lol.

• bigjohndough
    65 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 7:54 AM

Thanks Scott - once again you were are a great help to me , much appreciated , hope we play someday.  God Bless, Best  Brian

ps the maximized tip worked beautiful , nothing cut off.  and second screen totally accessible.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 8:17 AM

Good to hear that Brian, thank you.  ; )

I'll keep an eye out for you.

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 9:01 AM

Scott,

I used this maximize option first but didn't like losing the 4x3 aspect ratio. So I used your Unity resoltion selector (something like that LOL) to fill the display top to bottom then adjusted the width to restore 4x3.. Works great, no effect on the second monitor.

Thanks for all you do to help us get along.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 9:25 AM

Thank you John and you're very welcome.

I can always add extra resolutions to the picker if required.

RSS