Forums

Help › Forums

Mismatched tiers in stroke play games.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 30 2020 9:49 PM (6 replies)
  • Greynurse0
    37 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2020 2:04 AM

It seems to me that one of the great unfairnesses in this game is when looking for an opponent in stroke play, you are given whatever player in that particular room the program throws up. I don't know if there is an algorithm for this. Probably first player detected  gets matched with you.

Surely this can be improved. Scenario: You are palying 9 holes as a tourny pro and have been matched with an amateur. Predictably, after about 4 or 5 holes you are up a couple of strokes and your opponent Takes anumber of shots to get out of a bunker. It is at this point that his frustration leads him (or her, sorry ladies) to questuin "what's the point?" and they just disconnect. Or, alternatively, your oppent is at legend status and you're playing for a substantial number of coins. You realise from the get-go that your probably stuffed and by hole 5 this is certainly the case with you being 4 strokes down and your opponent can do no wrong.

Surely the game should give each player a chance to opt out of a match and not lose his/her coins, so long as a shot has not been played. And yes,  I have been wiped clean by Legends and Tourney Masters sitting in high stakes rooms, preying on lesser skilled players that look for an opponent.

So what about it, WGT? Even out the playfield at little. It's hard enough competing with monster drives and laser guided putts, without falling into a spider's trap as well.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 10:34 AM

I d not believe this option is available on mobile. Just coin games, tournaments, solo, and games with friends.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 1:57 PM

Yes, I believe I mentioned tournament play is also available, but that is all solo play. The only multiplayer option is “invite a friend” for a 3 hole or 9 hole match. For ranked rounds you need not enter a tourney. You can play any course as a ranked round, either 9 hole or 18 hole.

There has been some unsubstantiated chatter that there will be a melding of some sort between mobile and PCEA in which some of the enhancements available to PCEA players will be extended to mobile players. Have no idea how accurate that is.

• Greynurse0
    37 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 9:49 PM

That seems to be the best alternative. But even though coin games are not ranked, it could have been developed a little fairer. Not to worry. Keep sinking 'em.

RSS