skip nav

Forums

Mismatched tiers in stroke play games.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 30 2020 9:49 PM (6 replies)
  • Greynurse0
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2020 2:04 AM

It seems to me that one of the great unfairnesses in this game is when looking for an opponent in stroke play, you are given whatever player in that particular room the program throws up. I don't know if there is an algorithm for this. Probably first player detected  gets matched with you.

Surely this can be improved. Scenario: You are palying 9 holes as a tourny pro and have been matched with an amateur. Predictably, after about 4 or 5 holes you are up a couple of strokes and your opponent Takes anumber of shots to get out of a bunker. It is at this point that his frustration leads him (or her, sorry ladies) to questuin "what's the point?" and they just disconnect. Or, alternatively, your oppent is at legend status and you're playing for a substantial number of coins. You realise from the get-go that your probably stuffed and by hole 5 this is certainly the case with you being 4 strokes down and your opponent can do no wrong.

Surely the game should give each player a chance to opt out of a match and not lose his/her coins, so long as a shot has not been played. And yes,  I have been wiped clean by Legends and Tourney Masters sitting in high stakes rooms, preying on lesser skilled players that look for an opponent.

So what about it, WGT? Even out the playfield at little. It's hard enough competing with monster drives and laser guided putts, without falling into a spider's trap as well.

• pdb1
    20,669 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 7:31 AM
    Unlike WGT or CC Stroke Play rounds . Mobile or PCEA Coin Room Stroke Play are not Ranked Rounds . They do not count .
      It seems to me that there is rarely any parity in the coin games . May end up losing a lot of coins there .
      There is/are other ways to play stroke play amongst ones peers and tiers .

From your home screen choose

Then choose Multiplayer Stroke Play

Then you have 2 GR8 options . CREATE A GAME or JOIN A GAME

CREATE A GAME . You choose all the options . The course , front 9 , back 9 , or full 18 . You choose max tier for your opponents . You choose length of the shot clock . You choose number of timeouts allowed per player .
    hole locations , tee locations , green speeds , wind speeds .

In Create a Game . After you set up everything . You click CREATE GAME .

Then you start inviting players . Either 1 , or 2 , or 3 . From the available for a game list of your friends .

Or
      You click ANYONE . Random players no higher than TOUR PRO will start showing up at each opponent .

FIND A GAME .You choose all the options . The course , front 9 , back 9 , or full 18 . You choose max tier for your opponents . You choose length of the shot clock . You choose number of timeouts allowed per player .

In Find a game you get invited to another TOURPRO's game . And become one of his opponents .

These games are very cool . Players of your tiers and peers . 1 , 2 , or 3 players , And these rounds count . They are Ranked Rounds . 9 or 18 holes . You will become a better player while lowering your average .
  • Cicero733
    452 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 10:34 AM

I d not believe this option is available on mobile. Just coin games, tournaments, solo, and games with friends.

• pdb1
    20,669 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 8:11 PM

Cicero733:

I d not believe this option is available on mobile. Just coin games, tournaments, solo, and games with friends.

You appear to be correct . That is surprising to me .

The process above is from the PCEA version . Made on the same platform as Mobile .

That just sucks for you Mobile players . But only eliminates Find a Game and Create a Game .

There are still all the unlimited play WGT Stroke play tournaments . And all the CC unlimited play Stroke play tournies . That are or can be tier level play . That are Ranked Rounds that count .

Also single play , and brackets are Ranked Rounds .

Coin games will only ever involve coins . Will not count . Will not have parity .

I didn't realize they ( WGT ) left Mobile play so far back in the dust . When they introduced PCEA .

That must feel like a real slap in the face . I hope for you guys they plan on upgrading Mobile soon .

• Cicero733
    452 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 1:57 PM

Yes, I believe I mentioned tournament play is also available, but that is all solo play. The only multiplayer option is “invite a friend” for a 3 hole or 9 hole match. For ranked rounds you need not enter a tourney. You can play any course as a ranked round, either 9 hole or 18 hole.

There has been some unsubstantiated chatter that there will be a melding of some sort between mobile and PCEA in which some of the enhancements available to PCEA players will be extended to mobile players. Have no idea how accurate that is.

• pdb1
    20,669 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 7:11 PM

Cicero733:
    There has been some unsubstantiated chatter that there will be a melding of some sort between mobile and PCEA in which some of the enhancements available to PCEA players will be extended to mobile players. Have no idea how accurate that is.

Well since Mobile has been around for nearly a decade before PCEA . And is the Parent Program to PCEA . Mobile should have 1st rights to upgrades and enhancements in that platform . Shouldn't have to listen to unsubstantiated chatter .

• Greynurse0
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 9:49 PM

That seems to be the best alternative. But even though coin games are not ranked, it could have been developed a little fairer. Not to worry. Keep sinking 'em.

RSS