Forums

Help › Forums

Balls

Sun, Nov 13 2022 7:47 AM (28 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2020 2:54 PM

Mythanatos:
    hes only level 42. so really the only thing that's decent for his level is the 33 callys and there is quite the difference between the ones he was given and the 33s.

There are the Level 0 Titleists. While I (obviously) don't know for a fact, but I would guess that's WGT would have given him. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 6:42 AM

right but those are the most expensive balls in the game and the ones he was talking about. 1275cr.

I've had a few friends start playing WGT over the years. 

I always tell them to not use the free ones they give you in the beginning save those for when get into the 90s. 

or since they get alot of info from me that they don't have to learn to use them in tier specific ready gos as they are leveling. and make credits

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 7:42 AM

Like I wrote, I don't know what Titleists he was given. The guy wasn't specific. But the Level 0 Titleists range from 975 credits to 1,275. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 8:02 AM

well they could be the 900s i guess. i see people using them but never bother to look to see which one.  not that unusual to run into a amateur that jumps up to Rio to try it out in coin games. 

It's a bad plan. i remember doing that when i started. I couldn't reach some of the fairways from the teebox.

or we get Congressional 6. and you just know that the newbie is going to knock that expensive ball into the water.

Just about every time.

it's cringeworthy.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 8:15 AM

It keeps life interesting around here, no doubt.

As does (apparently) any update by WGT! 😀

• Jeff1172LD
    271 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2020 9:09 AM

I watch the daily videos for $150 credits/day. I play the WGT G12-S ball, .for 64 credits/sleeve. That was a HUGE upgrade on the basic ball they get you when you set up your account. I was gifted a sleeve of Callaway ERC Soft Slow Meter Balls (Level 34), that I am going to try out. Those cost 450 credits. I may choose to go back to the 64 credit G-12S, or I may go with Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track L33 balls for 250 credits/sleeve. Srixon makes a good ball with there Z-Star L11, for 180 credits/sleeve.

All are significant upgrades on the basic ball.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2020 10:13 AM

Jeff1172LD:

I watch the daily videos for $150 credits/day. I play the WGT G12-S ball, .for 64 credits/sleeve. That was a HUGE upgrade on the basic ball they get you when you set up your account. I was gifted a sleeve of Callaway ERC Soft Slow Meter Balls (Level 34), that I am going to try out. Those cost 450 credits. I may choose to go back to the 64 credit G-12S, or I may go with Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track L33 balls for 250 credits/sleeve. Srixon makes a good ball with there Z-Star L11, for 180 credits/sleeve.

+1

All are great options. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2020 10:24 AM

Robert1893:

Jeff1172LD:

+1

All are great options. 

no doubt!

You can pretty much navigate the forward tees with most any ball to a certain extent.  When you add in apparel upgrades you can even play a more cost effective ball by selecting the ideal options for the clubs you carry.  Some players have been promoted via coin games achievements playing a 10 cr WGT ball...

The key is... what ever ball you feel comfortable with playing ... learn how that ball plays with your club / ball combo...  If you enjoy just making generalized guesses, there is no problem with playing that way... if you want to dial in your yardages then invest a little time "mapping" or "charting" how your club /ball combo plays off the tee and the fairway.  Doing so should help even with a lower end or cheap ball!

• Jeff1172LD
    271 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2020 4:46 AM

Now that I have what I may consider my "forever" clubs in the Callaway Mavrik L85's (best combo at that level that has a slow meter), I have been playing the Callaway ERC Soft Slow Meter Ball (L1+). They cost 300 credits. I wanted the max durability of 2.5, and as I play on mobile, if you don't hit it right on the nose (is that the 'ding'?), you ball may fly 30 yards off to the side you missed dinging. Meter is 3.5  Distance and spin are 2.

I like these balls a lot. Daily videos make them very affordable.

• Madmainer
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2022 11:29 AM

The price for the balls is a f joke. Should not restore than 50

RSS