Forums

Help › Forums

Pfarden ( Pete Arden ) Memorial Tournament

Thu, Aug 20 2020 3:32 AM (33 replies)
  • liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2020 2:42 PM

hi all

i played my round with George Brignall ,i am sure George will put his own score on here at sometime.

we both took screenshots but are both to dumb to even find them on our computers...lol

my score is below and i birdied the last 3 holes

08.09.20 WGT Best of Famous Holes Full 18 Tour Champion 60
  • DJW2307
    13,387 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2020 12:34 PM

Just played a very enjoyable round with my fellow CC Member Tim and as always a great fun round with great chat and of course a raising of the glass to Pete.

Highlight of the round has to be Tim's brilliant hole out for eagle on 5 after saying he'd lost confidence with his putter. Who needs a putter when you can do that.

Tale of 2 9's for me, but not important in the grand scheme of things and was nice to be able to pay our respect and honour Pete in this way.

Thanks for organising Brian.

Cheers

David and Tim

• Ess3xGooner
    670 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2020 8:56 AM

Sorry I had to play solo. Sis was taken into hospital and I couldn't guarantee a playing time. I hope I may see some of you on the greens in future. Pete was in my thought on the way round and he managed to talk me into the water on 13. Something he did on several occasions!

Thanks Brian for organising the tourney.

Ken

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2020 12:59 PM

Hello

Sam n i played our game. It was a great going. iam posting both of our scores.

Ty vm Brian for the organizing n dealing with everything to make this happen.

Cheers Dear PETE :) :) 

- Varun

• davidplews
    3,430 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2020 6:42 PM

Just played a delightful 3 ball with Marie and Jacqui on Skype - while listening to the above card being compiled. 

Pete would have been pleased with the amount of laughter and jokes that were shared in his name. 

Hopefully I'll be able to post the cards below.

Thanks for the game Marie & Jacqui

David

• davidplews
    3,430 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2020 6:49 PM

I was also lucky enough to play a second round with Dave from my CC UK Golfers Elite. I obviously couldn't dream of posting another score llower than my previous one - so I put two balls in the lake on the 17th just to make sure that didn't happen. Well that's my story and i'm sticking to it!! LOLOL! 

Thanks for  the game Dave - good to meet online t last.

Once again fingers crosed for the scorecard! :-) 

Cheers

David

• topaz53
    365 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2020 11:31 PM

Great evening playing with David and Jacqui,thank you both,it made the tournament for me as we had many a giggle like we did in the days with our dear friend Pete.

Thank you to Varun too for being there although in a seperate game.Varun,Pete and i shared many an hour on Skype which i will always be thankful for.

Many,many thanks to you Brian for organising this great memorial to Pete and for consulting me along the way,that was very kind of you.Outstanding work as always.

Thanks to every one of you for taking part.

Marie

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2020 7:59 AM

58 for me brian with a 3,3,3 finish

due to my incompetence with screen shots etc can you check my history please brian and take my word for the last 3 holes please

thanks for your hard work brian for putting this comp together and all in participated

cheers      mark.

• burno70
    3,905 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2020 4:26 PM

davidplews:

I was also lucky enough to play a second round with Dave from my CC UK Golfers Elite. I obviously couldn't dream of posting another score llower than my previous one - so I put two balls in the lake on the 17th just to make sure that didn't happen. Well that's my story and i'm sticking to it!! LOLOL! 

Thanks for  the game Dave - good to meet online t last.

Once again fingers crosed for the scorecard! :-) 

Cheers

David

Thanks ever so much David for spotting my round for me ,great to meet you Sir & great play by yourself (even that delibrate 2 balls in the water on 17 ...lol).
    My round shud have been soo much better ,but for some lousy putting grrrr....

Thanks also for posting the card for me David 

Hope to catch up in the future Sir 

RIP Pete.

Dave 

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2020 2:23 PM

akone12:

UK Golfers Elite + All others, Pfarden ( Pete Arden )

Pfarden ( Pete Arden ) - Memorial Tournament

Brian ( akone12 ) Organiser

Hi there Brian, I did not know Pete but I think it is important that his friends and colleagues remember him and by having a Memorial Tournament for the People we loved in this game is perfect, I would like to join and post a score using lesser balls for the fun side of things.......... I would also ask that others do the same thing, There is a lot of chit going on in the World right now but if we have time to play a RG we certainly have time to play a Memorial game to a lost friend...

I will find the time Brian... Thank you bro!

All the very best to you and yours Guys...

Chris

RSS