Forums

Help › Forums

Some clubs are not available in the pro shop, am I going to miss something good?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 20 2020 4:08 AM (3 replies)
  • 6lennn
    17 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 1:10 PM

So earlier I turned lvl70 and was offered a range of clubs to rent as usual, there was a set of Ping i25 irons, I didn't rent them but thought I would take a look in the pro-shop to see what the stats were.

However, you cant buy them in the pro-shop, they are not listed. I have also seen other players with clubs not listed either but you could buy them by looking at their profile, looking at their equipment and purchasing from there.

So it made me wonder if I'm approaching a some great clubs that I only get one chance to buy as I turn a level.

Should I be getting ready for something?

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 3:04 PM

Few clubs ever go away forever. Typically, they're simply rebranded. For example, the Ping i500 Level 69 irons have the same characteristics as the old Ping i25 Iron set (steel). 

They're just branded differently (and cost slightly more than the old i25 irons did). 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 3:39 PM

Robert1893:

Few clubs ever go away forever. Typically, they're simply rebranded. For example, the Ping i500 Level 69 irons have the same characteristics as the old Ping i25 Iron set (steel). 

They're just branded differently (and cost slightly more than the old i25 irons did). 

Rebranding = Mark-up :-(

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2020 4:08 AM

6lennn, the two issues you described are both display glitches. It will sometimes show unavailable clubs for rent when leveling up and still show the buy button on old clubs in other players bags. They will both come up as error boxes if you attempt to rent/buy as they are not actually available. 
    As others have said almost all “old” clubs are still available as current clubs with exact same specs but with a different name & picture. They almost always are available at the same same Level so start by looking at the current clubs with the same Level requirement as the old ones. 

RSS