Help › Forums

Apparel Filter or Hide Function

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 30 2020 6:25 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • protonc
    644 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 8:02 AM

Friend of mine mentioned he wishes he could filter or hide a lot of his apparel that he doesn't use.  I too thought it was a great idea.  I have 16 hats in my list, my current brand only has 2.  It would be nice to filter out by brand, rarity, etc., or even a hide selection function.

Yes, I know you guys have many things on the list.  :-)

Thanks!

• k5ntonsm1th
    34 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 1:37 PM

One thing i thought would be a good option would be the ability to pick whatever outfit you liked and then be able to disable the attributes. I dont like most of the extra spins and distances on wedges and irons etc but like the extra driver yards.

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 7:26 PM

k5ntonsm1th:
    One thing i thought would be a good option would be the ability to pick whatever outfit you liked and then be able to disable the attributes. I dont like most of the extra spins and distances on wedges and irons etc but like the extra driver yards.

You can do that if you pay 500 credits to unlock the Appearance tab.  Simply populate the Appearance tab with the outfit you like, then on the Abilities tab put your SE cap (or whatever item gives you the extra driver yards) and populate the rest with basic items (or other items which have no attributes).

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2020 1:35 PM

SamSpayed:

k5ntonsm1th:

You can do that if you pay 500 credits to unlock the Appearance tab.  Simply populate the Appearance tab with the outfit you like, then on the Abilities tab put your SE cap (or whatever item gives you the extra driver yards) and populate the rest with basic items (or other items which have no attributes).

I did that a few months ago because I wanted a playing experience on PCEA as similar as possible to flash and I most certainly did not want to gain 10 yards on the fairway based on a hat...or whatever. So I'm happy that none of my apparel changes any element of the game now.

However, it still strikes me as comically counter-intuitive that you would have to pay to have extra abilities disabled rather than pay to have them activated.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2020 2:10 PM

Wutpa:
    However, it still strikes me as comically counter-intuitive that you would have to pay to have extra abilities disabled rather than pay to have them activated.

Wutpa, you aren’t really paying to have the abilities disabled as you can do that for free by simply choosing  all basic apparel. You are paying to have the ability to choose what your avatar “looks” like separately from what abilities are applied. Whether you choose to use this to have increased abilities or to have no abilities is not really the reason for it. You’re paying for the Appearance part.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2020 2:33 PM

MarchieB:

Wutpa:

Wutpa, you aren’t really paying to have the abilities disabled as you can do that for free by simply choosing  all basic apparel. You are paying to have the ability to choose what your avatar “looks” like separately from what abilities are applied. Whether you choose to use this to have increased abilities or to have no abilities is not really the reason for it. You’re paying for the Appearance part.

Fair point, thanks.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 7:18 AM

Wutpa:
    I did that a few months ago because I wanted a playing experience on PCEA as similar as possible to flash and I most certainly did not want to gain 10 yards on the fairway based on a hat...or whatever. So I'm happy that none of my apparel changes any element of the game now.

perfectly valid way to play.

But other than clashes the apparel wouldn't affect any of the way the games in flash play in PCEA or mobile.

Now if you're playing H2H coin games then obviously it does. But those aren't available on Flash. So the playing experience isn't the same to begin with.

also if you could spend a million silver coins and get a driver that was listed as 12 yards further than the level 102 driver would you get it?

Because the math on how that driver would do it is exactly the same as the math that the hat uses.

there is no difference other than what fits your sense of acceptability. It's all pixels and programming. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 10:37 AM

Mythanatos:

Wutpa:

perfectly valid way to play.

But other than clashes the apparel wouldn't affect any of the way the games in flash play in PCEA or mobile.

Now if you're playing H2H coin games then obviously it does. But those aren't available on Flash. So the playing experience isn't the same to begin with.

also if you could spend a million silver coins and get a driver that was listed as 12 yards further than the level 102 driver would you get it?

Because the math on how that driver would do it is exactly the same as the math that the hat uses.

there is no difference other than what fits your sense of acceptability. It's all pixels and programming. 

Yes, I get all that, thanks.

I have been playing exclusively on PCEA since January and I like the greater choice of avatar outfits. But I already had my clubs mapped in my head after years on flash, and so when I switched to PCEA I wanted all that to be consistent so that I could better get to grips with the new format, and not have it change because my avatar was wearing something different. 

I played in one Showdown a few months back and didn't enjoy the format much and therefore I have no plans to revisit coin rooms again, so that's not a worry. But when I first started on PCEA I didn't know that only certain types of play included apparel boosts, because I had never played on mobile and I was completely unfamiliar with all that.

As for spending a bunch of coins to upgrade....sure, why not? Upgrading equipment is what most of us do when we can anyway, but I would clearly understand that if I changed any of my clubs then I could expect different distances, spin, elevation etc.  My problem with the apparel abilities was that I didn't want to find I was hitting different shots just because I got bored with my avatar's look and switched shirts without thinking about the consequences.

To each their own of course. I'm happy with a shirt just being a shirt without having to make mental adjustments for how it will affect my shots.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 11:16 AM

Wutpa:
    To each their own of course. I'm happy with a shirt just being a shirt without having to make mental adjustments for how it will affect my shots.

Valid points. which is why the vast majority of upper echelon coin room players stick with things that don't change up our game that much.

SE hat for driver distance bonus.

Max Shirt for 3W distance bonus.

The above combination allows for reaching more par 5s in 2. And it's really a minimal adjustment to go back and forth. 

Most will avoid anything that changes iron distances/sand power/wedge distances/ or iron spin.

Because those are something you have to adjust too much. Especially iron distance and iron spin. 

Anything putting i don't think makes a difference one way or the other. Brush power isn't a big deal. Don't hit it in the brush very often. Some use and like the rough power bonuses. 

That one is kind of understandable but it will result in different numbers for anything out of the rough. but it's not that often.

• bluebaron
    181 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 12:59 PM

its ***

• PAGES
RSS