Forums

Help › Forums

Community Update July 2020 (Or: how I talk forever about game settings)

Mon, Jul 20 2020 10:01 AM (6 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2020 2:34 PM

Hi everyone, 

It's July! I feel like it's been a blink of an eye since January and somehow a decade since March, but here we are finally, or already, in July. 

We're currently putting the final touches on the new Settings menu that we hope will help players avoid confusion in that area of the game. It was something we got a lot of feedback on and I'm looking forward to you seeing the result. Of course, it goes without saying that we want to hear your thoughts on how we did! 

The new Settings menu will still have all the existing options, PLUS new keybindings, and it adds back the ability to switch your status from online to offline, which was temporarily removed when we merged the old in-game menus into a single left-side menu. This means your "Online Visibility" will now be accessible in both the regular game settings as well as the in-game settings menu.

This new Settings menu is now combined into a single page and I personally find it much easier to navigate and use, especially when it comes to changing your resolution. You'll also find it easier to reach our support channels for when you need help. We expect to release these improvements with our next update at the end of July. 

It goes without saying that we're working on more than just a new settings page, so we'll have more to share on those projects soon. We've got some long-term projects in the works that are focused on helping new players learn the game better, new event types, and new game modes. 

Next week we're launching the Out of This World Showdown, and I must say, it's the best badge we've made so far. Be sure to enter and try to get that badge on your profile. 

_CHAMPION

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2020 3:07 PM

"new game modes", sounds interesting.

Might help sway a few more of the auld Flash Diehards over to PCEA

Ken

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2020 3:09 PM

Are you working on including uneven lies?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2020 3:22 PM

WGTChampion:
    Next week we're launching the Out of This World Showdown, and I must say, it's the best badge we've made so far. Be sure to enter and try to get that badge on your profile. 

Champion, with regards to the Showdowns, is there any plans by WGT to change these events so that there is a bit more division of skill level? Right now all three levels (Rookie / Veteran / Expert) are playable by anyone regardless of Tier. As a result a lot of the top prizes are won by the highest Tiered players (Champ and T. Champ) This is particularly noticeable in what WGT has deemed the “Rookie” level where players in the lower tiers often complain about the event being stacked against them. 
    I fully understand that not everyone can afford to play in the 1000 credit buy- in “Expert” level, but has there been any thought about turning this into a Tiered event so that players are only competing against similarly skilled players??

MarchieB 😀

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2020 1:32 PM

Thanks for the update, Champion.  It's always good to hear what's being worked on and what's coming.

• GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2020 9:44 AM

Will these updates also be for those of us on mobile?

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2020 10:01 AM

MarchieB:
    I fully understand that not everyone can afford to play in the 1000 credit
    It’s not just the credits, but a Champ new to the PCEA or mobile platform really does play like a rookie!

I haven’t tried a showdown yet, but I would definitely be a rookie if I ever do try one.

If WGT kept track of # of rounds or holes played on PCEA or mobile, maybe that would be a way to group competitions.  

RSS