Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge "2020"

Fri, Nov 20 2020 10:45 PM (452 replies)
  • RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2020 9:00 PM

Welcome to Round #3 and Congratulation's to our 32 Team's that have made it this far into the Competition!

Venue:  St. Andrews Link's (Full 18)

Dates of Play:  September 6-September 20

CTTH and Prize Listing:  CTTH #8 & #11, any Double Eagle on any Hole

Best of Luck to all, and have fun!

Thanks,

• xxblueeyesxx
    433 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 5:23 PM

korion450 and xxblueeyesxx  beat baggepance and darek2

was an exlnt played match and great guys

thank you

Troy

• DeanBarr
    515 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 6:07 AM
    JSmithers and DeanBarr defeated captainduff and RuffRon49 in a 18-hole Alternate Shot game on ST ANDREWS LINKS: THE OLD COURSE. Thanks for the match gents, was a pleasure Dean
  • largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2020 2:19 PM
    Largemouth51/scottreid1966 defeated Lippy78/DFerguson30 1 up
  • EKeefer
    934 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 8:04 PM

Rd 3 Match   EKeefer / homerss11  vs  JBurleson6 / Patman306

JB and Pat got off to a quick start. After halving the first hole with birdies, they went 3 up through the 4th with 3 more birds. The par 5 5th was halved in birdies, that's 5 straight for JB and Pat! On the 6th, EK has Homie in tap in range and Pat shows humanity with their first miss, cutting the lead to 2 up. Homie puts it close on the par 3 8th and that bird cuts the lead to 1 up. Both 9 and 10 are halved with more birdies and EK's tee shot on the par 3 11th is off the green and costs the hole increasing JB and Pat's lead. The 12th is halved once again with birds leaving JB and Pat 2 up entering the stretch run. 

However, the tide turned as Homie and EK won the next 4 holes to flop the score to 2 up in their favor and 2 holes to play. The match was decided when Homie hit his approach to 17 about 4 ft away for a sure birdie. Unfortunately there was a disconnect and JB could not reconnect in time. Being gentlemen that they are conceded the match as it appeared to be moot at that point.

JB, Pat, thank you for a very fun and exciting match. It was a pleasure to play and you are both great gentlemen that do your club proud.

Good Luck and Good Golfing!
    EK 

• TSOULARA
    174 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 7:32 PM

Round 3 (St Andys)

Team Tsoulara/Giannis81s Win (3up)  vs. Team @chicubs10 / @bshake08

A good match , with fun and good vibes. The oppos were unlucky in some putts in f9 so we held the 3up  till the end.

Always a pleasure Gents, Stay Cool - Stay Safe !!!

Tsoulara / Giannis81s

(George+Giannis)

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 12:24 PM

Javito1 and Suertenotfound win to Duffr99 and Giraldin

Hello everyone from Spain. Today we played our alternate in Sant Andrews JAVITO AND SUERTENOTFOUND VS DUFFR99 AND GIRALDIN. Well, it was a great game, on the front Efren (suertenotfound) had no luck with his putts, but I know him and I knew he would recover soon. And so it has been, in the back, he has played like a great player that he is, and belonging to CC Golfos Unidos, even more so. Javito, my great friend Javito, beyond the seas, is a great Champion, and he has proven it again, it is a pleasure to always play with him, even if he is your opposite, lol.And I would like to thank my colleague and friend DUFFR99 (Mike) for all his effort to play at times that are not very normal for him. Thank you very much PARTNER, it has been a great pleasure playing with you.

I wish all of you who follow in the tournament the best of luck, and send a great encouragement to the organizers, I have always said it and I will always say it since I started in this invention of wgt:

Those who spend their time so that others can have fun deserve all my respect.

Luis

• tony40mo
    496 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 3:07 PM

FarFoo and Tony40mo v Cousinzeke and Beeners58

Foo and Tony win 3 up Eileen and Cuz played great after a slow start and we are just happy to survived.

was a fun match.

Tony

• kelsp
    2,197 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 2:06 AM

Luizfabiano & Kelsp (W) Vs TsunamiSaint & Scullsie

Jasper & Kp win on the 15th Hole.

Great game and fun playing San & Jeff. Excellent shots & putts by all players.

A few robberies robbed Sanj & Jeff from 3 or 4 holeouts/putts.

Thanks for a great game gentlemen. 

-kp

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 3:49 AM

doubleeaglerob and paulfinn win katton/bigacker

we got ahead early against the aussies and by the 9th we were a bit too far ahed to catch up.

finished it off on the 12th thx tony and alan and well played partner

onward we roll

finny

RSS