Forums

Help › Forums

Match play matches

Wed, Jul 15 2020 3:16 AM (8 replies)
  • TitoGreen1
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 3:02 PM

Hello, fellow WGTers.  I don't know if this is the proper place to post, but I figured why not.  Any advice on how to best find players near my skill level for match play rounds?  Stumbled upon a round today and enjoyed it, but Ive tried other times to no avail.  Any advice is appreciated.  Tx.

• GedEButler
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 1:07 AM

Easy enough, Tito..

In the game screen under "Multiplayer", choose "Create a Game".

If you want a one-on-one match, choose "Match Play".

From the next screen, you can select the rank/tier level, of the players you wish to play against, and set the other game parameters..   then choose "Create Game".

In the next screen under "Add a Player", you can choose "Best Match", and hopefully will find a player close to your skill level...

Also take a look in the forums under FAQ- "MATCH PLAY", you will find all the details..

Hope that helps~~  GedE

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 5:12 AM

Friends!!!!!  You have one "Friend" yet you belong to a large country club. That club is the best place to start looking for people to play with. In that club there are well over 100 Tour Pros.

Start by sending "Friend" requests to all of the active Tour Pros in your club. You can check their activity through your club membership roll and the date last played. 

Does your club use Discord or TeamSpeak?  These  platforms are great places to chat and set up matches.

The club should be the base where you start. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 7:11 AM

HackWilson1930:

Friends!!!!!  You have one "Friend" yet you belong to a large country club. That club is the best place to start looking for people to play with. In that club there are well over 100 Tour Pros.

Start by sending "Friend" requests to all of the active Tour Pros in your club. You can check their activity through your club membership roll and the date last played. 

Does your club use Discord or TeamSpeak?  These  platforms are great places to chat and set up matches.

+1

Along with agreeing with you, I just wanted to say Thank You, for all the good advice and help you have given myself and others. You were the very first to help me out when I began playing, and I don't think I have ever properly thanked you. You really made a positive impact on my WGT experience.

Cheers   Brett

• TitoGreen1
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 7:44 AM

Thanks, HackWilson.  Good advice.  I've only played in tourneys and brackets and just looking for more head to head matches.  Appreciate the suggestions. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 9:58 AM

HackWilson1930:

+1

Your Country Club is always the first place to start. No Quitters and No Jerks

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 10:24 AM

DonCaron:
    Your Country Club is always the first place to start. No Quitters and No Jerks

(Hopefully!)

• TitoGreen1
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 12:47 PM

Was unaware of the"best match" option.  It's worked out.  Thanks much.

• GedEButler
    53 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2020 3:16 AM

Cheers Tito!!

GL2U.. See you out on the links sometime~~

RSS