Forums

Help › Forums

The Open is coming to WGT!!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 12 2020 1:46 PM (5 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 3:08 PM

What a great idea. I don't know this to be a fact but I'll put forth the evidence and let you decide. Makes total sense, too, especially after the success of the last VUSO on Youtube. Hint, WGT-HYPE THE EVENT!! Use those annoying popups trying to sell goofy clothes and push this!!  I'm getting ahead of myself.

AS match tonight on RSG, back 9. On the 10th we see this rather cheesy looking tee hole marker and it takes a minute to figure out what's up.Never seen that sign before but reacted too slow to get a screenshot. NWS, was wide awake for the next one and it showed up on 14. 

Every tee had the same markers but only 10, 14, 17 and 18 had the hole numbers. I even predicted to the foursome on 17 that 18 had to be in the mix because it's such a tough approach. Sure enough, it made the mix.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's going on here.  Apparently a mix of SA and RSG is in the making and I think this is fabulous. The VUSO was typically great and now we get to do it again. Wonder if Young46 is up to it. Bet he is. LOL

Again, conjecture by me but you decide. I do suggest to WGT and whoever that you get more active in advertising this. I discovered the last event by accident and only caught a few holes but the format was the nuts. A little imagination and you could see the 10 guys going after it IRL. :-)

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 7:37 AM

YankeeJim:
    Every tee had the same markers but only 10, 14, 17 and 18 had the hole numbers. I even predicted to the foursome on 17 that 18 had to be in the mix because it's such a tough approach. Sure enough, it made the mix.

I saw something similar when I played Best of Famous last night Jim, so I just checked the F9 of RSG and you can add holes 1, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 9 to the mix too.

That is, if it is a mix. I also checked the F9 of S.A. and no Open-style tee markers or hole numbers were present.

On RSG the hole number markers are correct for the local hole, so presumably that means they will also be used in the sequence if there is a compilation Open course. Or maybe the 10 holes at RSG is all they could complete in the last downtime and they'll add hole numbers for the remaining 8 in the next one and it will just be RSG used for the Open and not S.A. at all.

Much to speculate on.

Nigel.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 9:51 AM

just played 18 holes on st george all had the open tee markers

• gatorbilly
    608 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 10:29 AM

RSG..for the open? Uh oh, never seems to be enough wind there. :)

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 10:48 AM

adaputter:
    just played 18 holes on st george all had the open tee markers

Yes, they all have the tee markers, but only 10 of the holes have the big 'hole #' sign on the tee box, as shown in Jim's screenshot.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 1:46 PM

Wutpa:
    but only 10 of the holes have the big 'hole #'

Latest round added 11,12,13 and 15 markers. Oddly enough, 17 and 18 were missing in that round. 

RSS