Forums

Help › Forums

Greens are getting harder to putt on !!!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 3 2021 6:03 PM (30 replies)
  • CapeTownDavid
    18 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:43 AM

Is it just me or has WGT updated the greens ? I have played for 8 years and i have never had putts lip out soo often . If they have not cool putting is the hardest part of the game as it is why make it worse , most people just play for fun.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 6:56 AM

CapeTownDavid:

Is it just me or has WGT updated the greens ? I have played for 8 years and i have never had putts lip out soo often . If they have not cool putting is the hardest part of the game as it is why make it worse , most people just play for fun.

It seems when clashes come out, the lip outs begin. Doesn't matter if I hit it softer or slam it home, just got to bear with it.

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 9:23 AM
    DonCaron:

CapeTownDavid:

It seems when clashes come out, the lip outs begin. Doesn't matter if I hit it softer or slam it home, just got to bear with it.

+1
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 11:11 AM

DonCaron:

On this one, I have to agree. 

During this clash, my putting has gone to hell. I can't remember the last time I had this many problems with putting. The numbers I've always used in the past just don't work on these greens. (And I'm referring to the numbers I've used for greens used in the current clash.)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 11:58 AM

Robert1893:

DonCaron:

On this one, I have to agree. 

During this clash, my putting has gone to hell. I can't remember the last time I had this many problems with putting. The numbers I've always used in the past just don't work on these greens. (And I'm referring to the numbers I've used for greens used in the current clash.)

I know it gets frustrating. I tried playing STA earlier and lipped out 3 birdie putts that were easy putts.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 12:47 PM

You guys sure all this is because of the clash? Greens have always been hard to putt on and lipouts are my old friends here regardless of the clashes.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 2:10 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

You guys sure all this is because of the clash? Greens have always been hard to putt on and lipouts are my old friends here regardless of the clashes.

For me, it's more than that. The speeds have been inconsistent from one green to the next. And I have had more putts have unexpected breaks than I've seen previously. It's like all of the greens have become like Kiawah. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 2:27 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Lol, I think they have a switch they turn on for clashes.

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:35 PM

I agree with Simon 100%! I don't know about clashes but i've had a rash of lip outs this past week,including one from 2.4 ft for birdie during the showdown!  Ouch!

RSS