Help › Forums

clash 129

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 14 2020 2:45 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Anthonyc44
    310 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2020 2:33 PM

Played three games today, three different courses for a change, but still 20 to 30 MPH winds. Please WGT this can not go on with every clash. this is not normal and is putting so many players off. Can we have a clash with mild winds just once, so at least we can enjoy a clash for a change. Tony

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 12:04 PM

Anthonyc44:

Played three games today, three different courses for a change, but still 20 to 30 MPH winds. Please WGT this can not go on with every clash. this is not normal and is putting so many players off. Can we have a clash with mild winds just once, so at least we can enjoy a clash for a change. Tony

+1

I will not play a clash with those winds. Not because I can't play them, why would I want to play them.

• mrmp1
    522 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 4:53 PM

I played 5 holes and quit not worth my time

• ASD1978
    475 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 8:46 AM
    DonCaron:

+1

I will not play a clash with those winds. Not because I can't play them, why would I want to play them.

To challenge your own playing skills?
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 5:16 PM

ASD1978:
    DonCaron:

+1

To challenge your own playing skills?

I play high winds constantly, I don't want to deal with 2 days of it for a sand castle.

If they made it worthwhile, I might change my mind 

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 6:18 PM

Multiple comments on this, but I will start saying that high winds should not be used in club clashes.  I get it.  High winds are part of the game.  But it introduces an inappropriate randomness and we are already dealing with differing courses.  And high winds can be manageable on most courses.

In #129, WGT did not try murder us that badly except on CB.  "High winds" vary from course to course and they did drop green speed #11 which makes putts easier.

That said, on PH, I had 1 round nothing but straight up/down winds.  I had another nothing but all left/right.  That is random, and most of us can figure out how to adjust distance up/down.  17 mph left/right is harder.  I shot 29 straight up/down, 32 L/R. LUCK OF DRAW ON WINDS SHOULD NOT BE A DEFINING FACTOR.

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 6:26 PM

I would also add, since Don is a club owner, but ... 

IF WGT WANTS THE OTHER PLAYERS TO PLAY, make it more friendly.  They are trying to make us spend passes.  When it is ugly, I might still do it but other club members will not.  I have posted on this before,

Tom.

• ASD1978
    475 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 3:33 AM

I'll admit I'm much the same as you - any course I set up I use the hardest settings i.e. high winds, tough pins, hardest tees etc. and it's purely because I like a good challenge. Each to their own though.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 11:15 AM

jacktrade51:

I would also add, since Don is a club owner, but ... 

IF WGT WANTS THE OTHER PLAYERS TO PLAY, make it more friendly.  They are trying to make us spend passes.  When it is ugly, I might still do it but other club members will not.  I have posted on this before,

Tom.

After being in other clubs and having to play clashes, I created this one as Play if you want to or don't play. For me buying 40-50 passes every two weeks doesn't make sense, in this case a Sand Castle. The 4 passes you would get anyway.

Add more benefits to play them and watch the participation increase.

No Benefit to 4th or 50th.

I Love WGT, they have given a lot of enjoyment over the years

• PAGES
RSS