Forums

Help › Forums

Flash

Thu, Aug 13 2020 1:57 PM (38 replies)
  • musictreble
    116 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 5:57 AM

Will the computer players be able to play this game after the FLASH PLAYER ceases to function at the years end will we still be able to play?

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 6:41 AM

musictreble:

Will the computer players be able to play this game after the FLASH PLAYER ceases to function at the years end will we still be able to play?

Most likely not with flash. You will need to use Desktop or Steam to access the game with your computer.

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 6:42 AM

Yes.

We've been playing the PCEA version for a while. 

You can download here on the forums: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/606334.aspx

or...

You can find it on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1182020/WGT_Golf/

• TrikiRik
    103 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 5:54 PM

Just revisited WGT toady after several years. had to allow flash on a new desktop using Windows 10.  I don't know what Steam is and am not going to invest much effort in a PC game that I rarely use.  I see it hasn't changed much except for a few new courses.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2020 4:45 AM

TrikiRik:

Just revisited WGT toady after several years. had to allow flash on a new desktop using Windows 10.  I don't know what Steam is and am not going to invest much effort in a PC game that I rarely use.  I see it hasn't changed much except for a few new courses.  

Early Access is where the game is going. Flash is gone in December and we have no choice but switch over. 

We all want flash to stay, but its not going to happen. I have had steam for years, its free and WGT can use their servers.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2020 4:22 PM

DonCaron:
    I have had steam for years, its free and WGT can use their servers.

Given the extremely low number of WGT users on Steam, I seriously doubt WGT will move to Steam servers.

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2020 10:19 PM
    DonCaron:
    Early Access is where the game is going. Flash is gone in December and we have no choice but switch over
    Well, there is another option --- going to mobile, right? Might be my choice --- with some desktop time for the "owner" stuff that's easier to do there.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2020 1:59 AM

SamSpayed:

DonCaron:
    I have had steam for years, its free and WGT can use their servers.

Given the extremely low number of WGT users on Steam, I seriously doubt WGT will move to Steam servers.

There is fewer and fewer links to the launcher anymore. I had to dig to find one for Paul

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2020 2:52 AM

Doesn't the link (Download the App) in the footer of every WGT page work?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2020 3:26 AM

ScottHope:

Doesn't the link (Download the App) in the footer of every WGT page work?

It sends you to a page with multiple options. The windows option did not work yesterday.

I went to the original post  on 9/2019 and it redirected me to another page. I right clicked and saved the link.

The picture up top and Get the app does not download it anymore.

RSS