Help › Forums

Problem with the current Flash Sale!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 11 2020 8:37 AM (26 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:11 AM

MarchieB:
    As Nolan wrote you will need to buy the L98 Scotty Phantom which is identical in every way other than the picture and name of putter. 

Actually I think it is a little better than the level 98 Sabertooth. It seems easier to hit the ding. 

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 8:46 PM

borntobesting:

MarchieB:
    As Nolan wrote you will need to buy the L98 Scotty Phantom which is identical in every way other than the picture and name of putter. 

Actually I think it is a little better than the level 98 Sabertooth. It seems easier to hit the ding. 

I rented the 98 Scotty Phantom putter a long time ago and I putted well with it but I don't care for the look of it. I putt just as well with my level 59 Sabertooth that's why I decided not to purchase the Scotty Phantom putter. Bottom line is they advertised it under false pretenses, and the level 98 Sabertooth wasn't the only putter in the sale that was falsely represented. Senga's post above, she had the same thing happen when she tried to purchase the level 101 Taylor Made spider putter, but she made the mistake of selling her almost new putter and another club to help with the purchase of the advertised spider putter. Now she has to repurchase her old putter . 

• Senga20
    3,046 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2020 3:33 AM

Hi Dav

Yes, thankfully they kindly sorted it out for me yesterday, they replaced the putter back to my bag as I requested.  There were a few items in the sale it seems that were misrepresented as being available to purchase.  I do not know if it will be so easy getting a $50 refund, but  I do hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction asap..

Cheers

Dee 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 11:41 AM
    Imagine caring for the look of a virtual puttter fml.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 12:01 PM

Connorjwebb123:

I have L-98 Sabretooth and would not trade it for anything. Best putter I have ever had.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 1:15 PM

DonCaron:

Connorjwebb123:

I have L-98 Sabretooth and would not trade it for anything. Best putter I have ever had.

Don the point is that the L98+ Scotty Cameron Phantom putter that they sell now is the exact same putter (identical stats) just with a different picture!  
    The 98 Sabertooth and the 98 Phantom are essentially the exact same putter and are going to do the same thing!  

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 2:14 PM

Connorjwebb123:
    Imagine caring for the look of a virtual puttter.

Actually, I totally get that. 

The current Level 98 putter is a bit of an ugly putter (IMO). If I still had my Level 70 Odyssey Versa, I doubt I would upgrade to that putter. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 2:17 PM

DavStan:
    I rented the 98 Scotty Phantom putter a long time ago and I putted well with it but I don't care for the look of it. I putt just as well with my level 59 Sabertooth that's why I decided not to purchase the Scotty Phantom putter. Bottom line is they advertised it under false pretenses, and the level 98 Sabertooth wasn't the only putter in the sale that was falsely represented. Senga's post above, she had the same thing happen when she tried to purchase the level 101 Taylor Made spider putter, but she made the mistake of selling her almost new putter and another club to help with the purchase of the advertised spider putter. Now she has to repurchase her old putter

In advertising, mistakes happen all the time. While they shouldn't, they do.

And on this one, it's not like we all didn't know that the club had been removed from the Pro Shop quite a long time ago. 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 2:45 PM
    Yes I get it Rob but stats are more important to me lol,
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:19 PM

MarchieB:

DonCaron:

Connorjwebb123:

Don the point is that the L98+ Scotty Cameron Phantom putter that they sell now is the exact same putter (identical stats) just with a different picture!  
    The 98 Sabertooth and the 98 Phantom are essentially the exact same putter and are going to do the same thing!  

I know Marchie. Mine works fine and I still would not trade it for a Phantom putter and or, anything else.

RSS