Forums

Help › Forums

HELP SCOTTHOPE ...or Anybody 😲 !!!

Sun, Jul 12 2020 3:13 PM (47 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 1:55 PM

So I now have at least 5 club members with the same issue and I don't subscribe to coincidence ....Here are some of there explanations ....

1. I am trying to reach you to set up a match, but for some reason I do not have a link to send messages to individual members.  However, I am able to reply to messages sent to me.

I CAN'T originate a message to anybody but I can respond.

2. If I go to a friends profile page there's no send message button. There's an "add friend" button. He's already a friend, that's how I got to his profile page, by clicking him on my friend list on my profile page. Actually I can't originate a message to any friend, all I can do is respond.

Frustrating.

3. If I go to a friends profile page there's no send message button. There's an "add friend" button. He's already a friend, that's how I got to his profile page, by clicking him on my friend list on my profile page. Actually I can't originate a message to any friend, all I can do is respond.

I've been going back and forth with WGT tech and it's so frustrating, they are NO help. I've told them that I have this issue with any computer I use to access the site and 2 different browsers and they continue to think it's a browser problem. I'm no tech expert but I know that it's not that.

4.JD Please help....  I'm alluding to the problem I've had forever with me not seeing my friend list or it not recognizing that I have a person as a friend when I go to their profile page.Even tho they ARE my friend and I cant start a message with anyone ONLY answer messages? It's just my frustration that WGT tech people seem to have no idea what the problem is or how to correct it.

You would think with all the subscribers they have someone somewhere would have had a similar issue.

BTW... NONE of these members have over 250 friends as I thought of that as well...

So above are all separate messages from different members of my club  NONE of which have ever logged on thru Facebook (as I know that causes screwy issues with friend list's) So that's not it ....Also at least three of them stated this is a fairly recent thing (within last 2 month's)...Of course we have tried all the basics many different Browsers,Even as extreme as a windows recovery back to a date prior to this issue...

Scott or anyone else maybe have any thoughts or encountered same issue?

Thanks in Advance for any thoughts

JD

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 2:25 PM

Hi. This is an old wgt bug when u go over 250 friend list.. Try to come back to 249 and delete til it will fix the problem.  Bye

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 3:02 PM

maoriand1:

Hi. This is an old wgt bug when u go over 250 friend list.. Try to come back to 249 and delete til it will fix the problem.  Bye

As I said NONE of the members with this issue have over 250 friends....

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 3:12 PM

Won't be able to do anything tonight JD, but just to get started, what browser do you use for the forums?

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 4:40 PM

ScottHope:
    Won't be able to do anything tonight JD, but just to get started, what browser do you use for the forums?

Scott my friend TY for responding.....

First let me say I have no issue's what so ever....I am trying to help multiple club members all having same issue....As far as the members of the club that seem to all have this same problem.... I know a few have always used chrome never having this issue prior to 6-8 weeks ago 1 other has always uses micro Edge never an issue and another uses Opera?  But thru much trial and error it seems they ALL encounter the same problem... even when they try different browsers ...All of them report same problem regardless of what browser they try....It seems to be 100% with their individual WGT accounts?? And they have all contacted WGT support (I believe) with no help...I remember somebody who had this same problem quite awhile back and somehow they got it resolved but for the life of me I cant remember who is was or how they fixed it....

JD

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 5:01 PM

JDGHOST:
    BTW... NONE of these members have over 250 friends as I thought of that as well...

But you have 252. The theory is that 255 is supposed to be the max without inducing issues, 256 being a big number for a computer, but I have always treated 250 as the number.

Lose a couple of old contacts and see if it improves.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 5:32 PM

JD is not the one having issues.
    It is other members of his CC.  
    Those members do not have more than 250. 

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 8:06 PM

YankeeJim:

JDGHOST:

But you have 252. The theory is that 255 is supposed to be the max without inducing issues, 256 being a big number for a computer, but I have always treated 250 as the number.

Lose a couple of old contacts and see if it improves.

Thank you Jim But ...AGAIN ...I'm not the one having any issues LOL (Maybe my original post is to long) .....

The members with this issue don't even have 100 friends...

JD

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 8:09 PM

ScottHope:

Scott I found an old post from 2017 where a Player named Romax was having same issue I believe you tried to help Him....

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 8:09 PM

ScottHope:

Scott I found an old post from 2017 where a Player named Romax was having same issue I believe you tried to help Him....

444169.aspx

RSS