Is there a level as too who can receive a gift?
Great question! Thanks for asking it.
While I will share my thoughts on gifting (both here and in the request thread when it's created), I want to first emphasize that Santas are free to gift according to their own criteria. Just as no one should feel compelled to gift, those who gift should not feel compelled to gift according to any criteria I determine (or anyone else, for that matter).
Here are the general rules that I try to follow when gifting:
1. I give preference those who have inferior equipment and are at Legend tier or below. I really don't look at Level as much as I look at tier and current equipment.
2. I tend not to give equipment that is only an incremental improvement (especially higher-end equipment). For example, if someone has a Level 96 driver but asks for the Level 102 driver, I will probably fulfill another player's request.
3. In the past, I've always given preference to those who live outside the U.S. Traditionally, it's been my understanding that it's been more difficult to earn free credits outside the U.S.
4. I prioritize equipment (clubs) over sleeves of balls. But I will still gift sleeves of balls.
5. In gifting sleeves of balls, I look at what the person is currently playing. If they're playing a 250 credit/sleeve ball but ask for 1,000 credit/sleeve ball, I'm unlikely to gift it. I really don't view these events as opportunities for players to simply try out high-end balls.
6. Generally, I don't gift other consumables (especially focus boosts). But every once in a while, I'll gift some CC passes. The passes are cheap, and if that's what makes the person happy, why not?
7. If a player has high earnings (over $1,000) I tend not to gift those players. They seem like they're doing all right without requiring help from Santa.
Those are the guidelines that I've developed for myself. But they're just guidelines or things I think about when gifting. Even for me, they're not rules "set in stone."
But each Santa needs to develop his or her own rules or guidelines that they follow.
I hope that helps!