Forums

Help › Forums

Christmas in July 2020 Informational Thread

Mon, Jul 13 2020 8:12 AM (48 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 6:02 PM

opyeuclid:

Hi , My name is OPY and I support Robert for stepping up to run this years Christmas in July event ,

I trust him as one of the good guys here in WGT land to run the event .

OPY

Thanks, OPY.

I really appreciate you posting this. Your support is important to me. 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 6:32 PM

Yes I can help

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 7:06 PM

borntobesting:

Yes I can help

Thanks! 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 11:01 PM

Is there a level as too who can receive a gift?

• RayMonDz0
    953 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 11:24 PM

Yep, i can help.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 6:00 AM

andwhy67:

Great question! Thanks for asking it. 

While I will share my thoughts on gifting (both here and in the request thread when it's created), I want to first emphasize that Santas are free to gift according to their own criteria. Just as no one should feel compelled to gift, those who gift should not feel compelled to gift according to any criteria I determine (or anyone else, for that matter). 

Here are the general rules that I try to follow when gifting:

1. I give preference those who have inferior equipment and are at Legend tier or below. I really don't look at Level as much as I look at tier and current equipment. 

2. I tend not to give equipment that is only an incremental improvement (especially higher-end equipment). For example, if someone has a Level 96 driver but asks for the Level 102 driver, I will probably fulfill another player's request. 

3. In the past, I've always given preference to those who live outside the U.S. Traditionally, it's been my understanding that it's been more difficult to earn free credits outside the U.S.

4. I prioritize equipment (clubs) over sleeves of balls. But I will still gift sleeves of balls.

5. In gifting sleeves of balls, I look at what the person is currently playing. If they're playing a 250 credit/sleeve ball but ask for 1,000 credit/sleeve ball, I'm unlikely to gift it. I really don't view these events as opportunities for players to simply try out high-end balls.

6. Generally, I don't gift other consumables (especially focus boosts). But every once in a while, I'll gift some CC passes. The passes are cheap, and if that's what makes the person happy, why not? 

7. If a player has high earnings (over $1,000) I tend not to gift those players. They seem like they're doing all right without requiring help from Santa.

Those are the guidelines that I've developed for myself. But they're just guidelines or things I think about when gifting. Even for me, they're not rules "set in stone."

But each Santa needs to develop his or her own rules or guidelines that they follow. 

I hope that helps!

• 18randy18
    499 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 6:29 AM

Robert I am willing to help,

Randy

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 6:33 AM

18randy18:

Robert I am willing to help,

Randy

Thanks!

It may take a few days before it's organized. Right now, there are a few moving parts that need to come together. 

But I'll keep everyone updated. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 7:54 AM

Robert1893:

andwhy67:

Great question! Thanks for asking it. 

While I will share my thoughts on gifting (both here and in the request thread when it's created), I want to first emphasize that Santas are free to gift according to their own criteria. Just as no one should feel compelled to gift, those who gift should not feel compelled to gift according to any criteria I determine (or anyone else, for that matter). 

Here are the general rules that I try to follow when gifting:

1. I give preference those who have inferior equipment and are at Legend tier or below. I really don't look at Level as much as I look at tier and current equipment. 

2. I tend not to give equipment that is only an incremental improvement (especially higher-end equipment). For example, if someone has a Level 96 driver but asks for the Level 102 driver, I will probably fulfill another player's request. 

3. In the past, I've always given preference to those who live outside the U.S. Traditionally, it's been my understanding that it's been more difficult to earn free credits outside the U.S.

4. I prioritize equipment (clubs) over sleeves of balls. But I will still gift sleeves of balls.

5. In gifting sleeves of balls, I look at what the person is currently playing. If they're playing a 250 credit/sleeve ball but ask for 1,000 credit/sleeve ball, I'm unlikely to gift it. I really don't view these events as opportunities for players to simply try out high-end balls.

6. Generally, I don't gift other consumables (especially focus boosts). But every once in a while, I'll gift some CC passes. The passes are cheap, and if that's what makes the person happy, why not? 

7. If a player has high earnings (over $1,000) I tend not to gift those players. They seem like they're doing all right without requiring help from Santa.

Those are the guidelines that I've developed for myself. But they're just guidelines or things I think about when gifting. Even for me, they're not rules "set in stone."

But each Santa needs to develop his or her own rules or guidelines that they follow. 

I hope that helps!

Thanks Robert, it’s just that there’s another thread with balls being given away, there are Champions and Tour Champions asking for balls, some i know have access to credit videos and others are taking the free balls and going of to play the showdown.

I’ll help a low level player, no problem with that.

• JWetrich
    31 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 8:43 AM

i sure could use a decent 3 wood if that is  asking to much a sleeve of balls would be great

RSS