• Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 7:21 AM

Oh boy, I can't wait.

• JDGHOST
    6,774 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 9:59 AM

DonCaron:
    My older Maxthon Browser  has built in flash, I have deleted the update for the browser and the Flash Player. Neither one has ever updated although I get nasty messages.

Don can i ask what exact version of maxthon are you running? I never had good luck with Max(Terrible meter) But maybe I can give it another Go?

• JDGHOST
    6,774 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 10:07 AM

beerstine:
    Like it or not, Flash is going away and Adobe itself is killing it.  Let's hope that there's time to keep improving the PCEA version before it goes dark at the end of the year.  

Wrong!! Adobe is going by the waste side this is true but they already sold their Flash program ....And many things outside of WGT still rely on flash it will be out there and available for use even if its "Unsupported" use  AFTER Dec 2020...

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 10:57 AM

pdb1:

beerstine:
     Steam probably isn't the best vehicle,

It could be . With a program that offers the highest features . Above and superior to current choices

IE; audio game commentary and multiple player lobby capabilty . Course creators ( design and build your own ). Increase of player options and set up and game play variables . Many more options that advanced Game creators already have the capabiiies and more . Just for starters .

The tecnology to offer an experience . Miles above what they offer now . Is already available .

We want that . We know we should be able to get it . We want WGT to create it .

STEAM would be the perfect platform for that .

PCEA barely raises an eyebrow . To golf lovers looking for ultimately high end experiences .

i'm already late for work , but when I get home . I will share some video examples of gameplay and features above and beyond anything we currently have any idea of . then you tell me if it doesn't make you say . Wow why can't we do that ?

Personally I think this all ends up being steam only. They can't keep the link on this page forever. 

They won't get new personal. You want new members, and steam is they way to do it.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 10:59 AM

JDGHOST:

DonCaron:
    My older Maxthon Browser  has built in flash, I have deleted the update for the browser and the Flash Player. Neither one has ever updated although I get nasty messages.

Don can i ask what exact version of maxthon are you running? I never had good luck with Max(Terrible meter) But maybe I can give it another Go?

Maxthon 4.4.8.1000.

I got it before the talk of getting rid of flash

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 12:08 PM

pdb1:

Wow why can't we do that ?

$ $ $

• beerstine
    666 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 1:21 PM

DonCaron:

It could be . With a program that offers the highest features . Above and superior to current choices

IE; audio game commentary and multiple player lobby capabilty . Course creators ( design and build your own ). Increase of player options and set up and game play variables . Many more options that advanced Game creators already have the capabiiies and more . Just for starters .

The tecnology to offer an experience . Miles above what they offer now . Is already available .

I was focused more on the original question of marketing than technological capabilities. Adding features would help retain existing users, but doesn't necessarily draw people to the game who don't know about it.  I was surprised at the number of new Steam players listed earlier in the thread.  It's obvious people aren't finding it on their own easily.

I'm relatively new here but the one thing that I can see dulling my enthusiasm for the game now is a lack of new courses.  You'd think WGT could make some money selling course packs, starting with upgrading the CTTH courses to full play.  A course creator would be a great upgrade.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 6:26 PM

pdb1:

Paul:
    when I get home . I will share some video examples of gameplay and features above and beyond anything we currently have any idea of . then you tell me if it doesn't make you say . Wow why can't we do that ?

The Golf Club - Starting to build a course - My way
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4HwwdBoRfw

The Golf Club - Meet the Creator - Hoodoo Hills at Yeti Gorge with Dr.Yeti

https://youtu.be/rDoo0O0r5sU

The Golf Club - Steam Early Access Impressions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4HHOwlT3oY

The Golf Club Early Access Gameplay Part 4: Blue Ridge Plantation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02YcHHEC45M

The Golf Club Part 13: Mirage Championship with Cryptic and Adam
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6n-h69AqwQ 

Bonus

I have Golf Club 2, Golf Club 2019 and I just bought Golf Club 2K21. This game is much easier. 100's of courses though

RSS