Forums

Help › Forums

Friend Visibility and Return To Game Countdown

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 4 2020 2:11 AM (40 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 1:34 PM

WGT , please make this an easy fix priority , we need to be able to swap between visible and not visible , or playing tourneys and turf wars , will become very difficult . 

• GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 1:59 PM

According to WGT services this is not a glitch but was removed from mobile devices as part of the overhaul and according to them will come back sometime in the future.

• Senga20
    3,046 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 1:08 AM

Really disappointed that we are four days into this with no feedback from WGT.  

“WGT IS BETTER WITH FRIENDS

INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN WGT & PLAY VIRTUAL GOLF TOGETHER”

How’s that supposed tae work if we cannae see one another to invite? 🤔

Dee 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 9:03 AM

bossbird:

WGT , please make this an easy fix priority , we need to be able to swap between visible and not visible , or playing tourneys and turf wars , will become very difficult . 

Go to the web game and turn your status on. Its a temporary fix, I know.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 12:10 PM

DonCaron:
    Go to the web game and turn your status on. Its a temporary fix, I know.

Yes Don that’s an easy temp fix for those playing on a laptop/PC/Mac but for those that are playing Mobile/Devices it isn’t quite that simple. Anyone on any kind of Apple device (iPhone/iPad) can not access that feature on their devices as Flash does not work on them. 

Not really sure why WGT disabled/removed it when they did not have a solution ready to replace it???? 

• GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 12:25 PM

Not sure whether this has been covered but if your willing to jump thru hula hoops you can turn your visible light on or off from your mobile device. You need to download a browser with flash.i use the free version of Photon. Then sign in and activate the flash Above youR friends is the button to turn it on or off,

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 12:58 PM

There use to be a way to make yourself visable to friends in the EA version using the 3 dots. When did that option disappear?

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 3:05 PM

callaghan159:
    When did that option disappear?

A week or two ago there was an update and in it the RH menu was removed from the PCEA/Steam/Mobile games. All the functions from that menu were moved over and combined with the LH Menu EXCEPT for the “Visible to Friends” check box, it was just removed. Through WGT_champs post about the update and what was changed he mentioned that this was temporary and it would be “fixed” when totally new menus were added in a later update. 

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 4:02 PM

Thanks Marchie. Also noticed today that there is no reverse camera from behind the green. I usually use this option to watch opponent putt or what shot they might take. Also used it myself for putting. Any way, played my first A/S today using new version and the putting is a challenge for me. Going to take some rounds to figure it out.

RSS