Forums

Help › Forums

Friend Visibility and Return To Game Countdown

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 4 2020 2:11 AM (40 replies)
  • Pedy133
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2020 10:55 AM

So....I am having two issues on my iPad...

1) After the last update, there is NOWHERE to select "Make Visible To Friends". If so, I can't locate it. Is it in a different place?

2) When I go to my friends list or my profile, etc, the "Return To the Game" countdown begins!! And it knocks me back to the home page at the end of the countdown. What on earth is that?!?

Any explanation for these NEW issues on the iPad game?

Thanks much!

~Pedy133

• Senga20
    3,046 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2020 10:16 PM

Hi Pedy .. I’m having the same issues with the visibility function as are others.  We now appear to have two areas to view our own profile whilst in a game, but no ability to switch visibility on or off.  I’ve messaged WGT but no reply as yet.  Hopefully they will fix this issue post haste. 

Slainte

Dee

• trevrw
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:46 AM

I'm experiencing exactly the same on my Android tablet , play one game then get the Return to Game in 15sec timer and have to log out & back in again.

It's annoying

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 6:48 AM

It's a new issue for us mobile players. Wgt redid the layout with the last update but didn't take into account the visibility option box.

You can change your status from the wgt website, If you're on Mobile just make sure you're in desktop mode

That countdown Glitch seem to happen right after I finish  playing a coin game Or head to head.

My visibility post

• GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 7:52 AM

How do you get into Desktop mode on a mobile device.  I have an iPad

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 10:02 AM

1. It is only temporary and will be fixed once new "redesigned" menus are added to the game to replace the current ones. Yes I think they should have left the current one in until that time too, but it is not technically lost forever.

2. Is just a glitch, as it seems to be acting like an in game menu by adding the countdown to "return to game"

MOBILE PLAYERS >>>

As a Mobile player it absolutely Sucks ⚽🏀 as you cannot access that part of this site from a mobile as there is no Flash on Mobile browsers.

You will need to access this forum page from a laptop/desktop PC, login on the RH of this screen and change it there.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 11:54 AM

Android users can use the Puffin browser to access the flash version of the website 

I do not have an iOS device so I do not know if Puffin is an available option for Ipad users

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 12:36 PM

Dhjam1, I used to use the Free Puffin browser on my iPhone and it would allow access to the Flash options but around the beginning of this year the Flash part of it was disabled and it no longer functions. There may still be a Pay ($$) Puffin browser that has Flash capabilities but I’m not 100% sure about that. 

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 2:58 PM

MarchieB:

Dhjam1, I used to use the Free Puffin browser on my iPhone and it would allow access to the Flash options but around the beginning of this year the Flash part of it was disabled and it no longer functions. There may still be a Pay ($) Puffin browser that has Flash capabilities but I’m not 100% sure about that. 

Flash still works on the free version for Android.

I guess Apple bailed early on flash

• GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 5:11 PM

My concern is that it will not be fixed.  A few years back WGT make an update and the visibility button went from the home page to where it has been till now meaning the only way to change it was to start a game.  WGT said that it would correct the visibility button back to the home page but they never did. I’m guessing didn’t reach a high enough priority. Time will tell.

RSS